Don't use the frame sliders......

Andrewman

Reaction score
Visit site
Check out SHOWGUN FRAME SLIDERS!!! :thumbup:

I installed these on my '07 and have been very happy with them so far. They seem to be a high quality product. Hope I never have to test them out in a crash though.;)

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, anyone use the "block" tpye of slider/frame protector?

8a759e28760061057406fdc69379cddc.jpg

Just went looking for them after seeing them on a YouTube vid.
Showyo Moto Extreme tuning racing bikes 1(450)736.3337 - Top block Yamaha FAZER 600 (04-07')

Fairly expensive though... they want to work pretty damn good.

:)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, anyone use the "block" tpye of slider/frame protector?

8a759e28760061057406fdc69379cddc.jpg

Just went looking for them after seeing them on a YouTube vid.
Showyo Moto Extreme tuning racing bikes 1(450)736.3337 - Top block Yamaha FAZER 600 (04-07')

Fairly expensive though... they want to work pretty damn good.

Pity they dont have a wide photo of the whole bike to see how they look in relation to the rest of the bike, but they look solid, and being mounted from two points, they risk of snapping engine mounts, etc, has to be reduced you would think....Nice find stumbles.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pity they dont have a wide photo of the whole bike to see how they look in relation to the rest of the bike, but they look solid, and being mounted from two points, they risk of snapping engine mounts, etc, has to be reduced you would think....Nice find stumbles.

Here's the Youtube clip I saw them on... It gives an idea of how they sit on the bike.

[ame="http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=13wKQnpVZAM&feature=related"]YouTube - FZ6 S2 2008 tuning[/ame]

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pity it's such a poor quality video, but i like them, they are different, which appeals to my nature....hate being one of the crowd!

snowmannn

Reaction score
Visit site
I use Puig frame sliders. I ordered them from Louis (http://www.louis.de/_30d376fe7f4f41...le_context=detail&artnr_gr=10021800&anzeige=0). Two weeks ago I fell at about 15km/h and they really saved the bike. Only got a few scratches on it and that's all! I read on Puig's web site (Motoplastic - PUIG) that it is an old company and I guess they make quality products. The sliders are black (as is my S2) and have a pretty stylish sticker according to the model of the bike (in my case it reads Fazer).

I hope I won't need to test them any more :)

melrrr

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi y'all. Just wanted to say that... Don't use frame sliders.;)
The piece that snapped off was also bent and stretched so I made a new, much stronger one out of a piece of alloy and TIG welded it. Now I can use frame sliders... On the right side at least.:D
2067142.JPG

2067143.JPG

Now I have to make it look ok and spray it.

manju

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi y'all. Just wanted to say that... Don't use frame sliders.;)
The piece that snapped off was also bent and stretched so I made a new, much stronger one out of a piece of alloy and TIG welded it. Now I can use frame sliders... On the right side at least.:D
2067142.JPG

2067143.JPG

Now I have to make it look ok and spray it.

Oh, Good job, much stronger!

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
I've dropped the bike 3x, all under 5km/h, i'll take the frame sliders thanks, it's broken plastics 2 of the 3 times.

Now i don't have R1500 to buy them, so i'm making my own. Teflon plastic, i can get nearby, it's about 6-7cm diameter, and i was going to make them 10cm long. A friend will do the engineering work, but what shape should it be? I'm thinking mushroom shaped? (basically)