Dominator Exhaust

octonaut

Reaction score
Visit site
So i purchased a cheaper exhaust option off E-bay by the "Dominator" racing Brand from Poland.
It took 5 weeks to arrive and the box was all munged up, but i guess thats to be expected coming from the otherside of the world for cheap?.
When i opened it the product was fine. All shiny and new, no dings.
easy enough to fit? NO...! sure it bolts on where its meant to, but the brackets they send you to mount your pipes, indicators, and tail light set up are shady as.
I have a fender eliminator, which helped matters, but i have had to use a fair amount of "bush mechanic" skills, expletives, and a few cable ties to tidy up the plastics and ensure sturdy mounts for the indicators ect. Good ol` cable ties ay?
The bark of the exhaust is pretty awesome tho... its pretty bloody loud.. legal? questionable.. ;-) especially over 8K..
i think the fizzers engine is pretty high pitched as is, so to have a deeper exhaust note couples with it quite well. and the twin stainless pipes look pretty **** hot.
A learning experience i guess, everyone knows the main brands and the associated prices, but i guess with them come a reliable and tested product.
Ride safe amigos..

Last edited:

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
First of all welcome, second glad they look like they arrived in 1 piece, they look damn fine, but shame to hear that it wasn't a dream to fit.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
G'day mate & :welcome: , they may have been a PITA but the results are pretty good looking :thumbup: Any videos of the sound ??...... Ohh & I hope you don't get pinged for the number plate being hidden ;)

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
and looking at the plate positioning, I hop it doesnt "bottom out" on you.
fingers crossed you dont have any legality issues with the plate or noise, I'd love to hear the sound too, I have looked at their web site and am still undecided on plunging into the whole exhaust replacement deal, a good sound and I might be more tempted

octonaut

Reaction score
Visit site
I had the plate at its original size, and on the angle with the bottom facing back. i took it for a spin and noticed that the lip of the plate was just right to catch the tyre guard, and was sticking and lifting it. not ideal. so i changed it to the configuration it is now, witht he plate, I`ve folded it shorter, and reversed the angle so the bottom faces the donk. i know you can`t see it too well, and shortly i`m gunna swap back to the original indicators, as they stick out further and are more visible. there`s not many police where i live, and the one that is here, is an ol` mate, ol` mate.. how it is now works o.k, but with the girl on the back, fair chance of bottoming out. Reckon i`ll be visiting the local hardware for a few more bracket pieces somehow... ahhh.... gotta love testosterone.

octonaut

Reaction score
Visit site
cheers mate. they sound the goods and certainly attracted a few looks today when i took her out of the scrub and into the city for a test spin. ;-)

you know whats funny tho? its not the pretty girls that look at a loud motorbike... its the old balding dudes that are lusting at you.. hmmmm.... somethings not right here??:confused:

octonaut

Reaction score
Visit site
my new friends... i unreservedly apologise to you the readers, and to Dominator exhausts. it is i who is at fault with the fitment of the new pipes!!! after thinking, and internetting and looking at the old girl, i figured it just couldn`t be right, so i pulled it apart, laid out all the pieces, old and new.... and realised, i didn`t take off the exhaust mounting bracket from the old muffler. WHAT A KOOK!!!!!! I`m embarrassed to admit it, but hay, a somewhat annoymous world the internet is right...? now i have fitted it properly.. the pipes sit right up under the seat and there is plenty of room for the plate and indicators... i can`t believe i kooked it up so hard.... GGGGRRRRRR!!!!!!! anyway, live and learn ay? i`ll post some final pics and audio in the days to come and thanks for all the feedbacks. :spank:

hurrican3p

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi - so would you recommend this slip on? Ready to pull the trigger on one, just need a little encouragement.

thanks

Last edited:

octonaut

Reaction score
Visit site
"Dominating" Southern Tassie. :thumbup:

stoked with the pipes. fitment all sorted. was gunna upload a video for some audio, but unfortunately only have a ghetto camera that doesn`t do the growl any justice.

..Hurrican3.. (?) not sure if u got my last msg, but i don`t think its essential to have a fuel re-map simply by adding slip ons, a full exhaust system, yes, and anything to do with the intake system, def. but, up to you of course. a dyno tune will give you an insight into where some gains may be made, and after doing much reading of forums ect, i`ve decided that a power commander and filter upgrade aren`t for me just yet. fair bit of money and farting around for a minimal increase in power or throttle response. a personal opinion of course but i`m pretty happy as is.

I`m taking "Pinky" (girlfriend got naming rights to this bike :rolleyes:) to her first track day in a few weeks. can`t wait!!!!!

also... i didn`t realise that its not mandatory in lots of states of US to wear a helmet??? WTF??? crazy loco.... u get that tho i guess..

Peace. ATGATT!!!

Last edited:

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
Seems good.
What about a group buy?

I was looking at these for a while... their ebay ratings mention happy FZ6 buyers quite a bit. I also think they would indeed consider a group buy - being a new and up&coming company.

Is there any interest? I'll start a separate thread if so... might get interesting :)

hurrican3p

Reaction score
Visit site
Just to keep this thing rolling.

1. I got my Dominator exhaust a few weeks back (from eBay)

2. Installed recently with MUCH help from Octonaut ending pics, advice etc.
It did not come with instructions, so posting pics helps a lot of complete and correct installs

3. Installed a K+N filter and took it to a shop to install a Juice Box Pro and map

4. Picked the bike up yesterday.

Going to YouTube the thing and post some pics as well. Overall a solid product that sounds great.