Do you remember getting your 1st MC?

petefz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I was 15 and got a pit bike for my birthday (think its an English thing i think basically a bigger cheaper chinese-ier 125cc crf50), did it up supermoto style and put it on the track. You never learn so much about mechanics with a Chinese bike, something fell off every track day, ended up replacing everything except the frame to get it perfect ;). Then at 19 i bough my first road bike a yzf r125 on learner plates, beautiful thing handled great even took it on the motorway when i passed my test although it was scary i had to practically lie on the tank to get it to 70mph. Then in November 2011, i swapped it for my first big bike the fz6n which i ride everyday ice and all, but couldnt love it more cleaned and wd-40'd up every other day :rockon:

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
My wife surprised me for Christmas four years ago with a brand new Ninja 250. Had been talking about a bike for years and had even gone looking a few weeks before Christmas but NEVER thought she would let me get a bike - doesn't help when I would point out a really good photo that I took that made the crash page in Road Racing World. She called Smith Brothers near Birmingham (shameless plug for them). They didn't have a Ninja 250 but the salesman looked up on the computer and told her who did have one - can't thank him enough. She went and bought it. Someone who worked for her father picked it up with his truck and she had it hidden till Christmas morning! Everyone knew but me. Great surprise, oh after I came back from the first ride she did tell me that I was going to have to pay for most of it - no complaints about that though! I will always remember when they showed me the bike - I knew something was up but never expected a bike.

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In 1978 I was in the last year of high school and my dad bought me a Suzuki AC50 like this one.

1976_AC50_Ben_640.jpg

In those days you could only ride a 50cc from 16-18 years old so it was mostly those at school, although one time one of my classmates came to school on his brother's Suzuki GT750, he was the main man!

Darth Fazer

formerly Anakin StarRider
Reaction score
Visit site
My 1st motorcycle was a '78 Kawasaki KZ1000 that was a hand-me-down from my Dad. The 1st bike I bought on my own was an '83 Honda Shadow VT750C.

Will Scher

Reaction score
Visit site
I remember it like it was yesterday, even though it was actually two weeks ago. $2800 cash for a very well kept silver 2004 FZ6. I was hesitant on the price, but when I went out to look at it, and then looked up the kelly Bluebook value I took the plunge. My roomate drove me out and then tailed me home since I didn't have a license plate, or a helmet, or an MC endorsement yet (I have all of that stuff now of course). I take it out every day now, already gone through about 4 gallons of mid grade.

I had originally had my heart set on a brand new Kawasaki Ninja 250 (in Kawasaki green of course), but I couldn't afford it. Now that I have the FZ I can't understand why I wanted the ninja. Great bike, love everything about it. I even love the ergonomics which I wasn't sure about, and the center kick which I had orginally thought was pointless extra weight gives you peace of mind when you park it on grass or dirt.

Now I just have to find a way to tell my family. Any suggestions?

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Which family are you talking about, parents or wife and kids? You didnt buy it for your parents approval did you? :BLAA:

Great looking ride and :welcome: to the "family":thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
1982, age 18, I bought a 1973 Yamaha TX 500 for $350 and thought I was Kenny Roberts. Ended up stuffing it under a 1960's Dart with an I beam for a bumper. It had Montgomery Ward Mohawk tires, ribbed, they sucked.

attachment.php

View attachment 40366