Do FZ6's have a fuel gauge?

SDatl404

Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking into getting a FZ6 but I do NOT want one with out an actual fuel gauge. Does anyone know what years came with one? :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking into getting a FZ6 but I do NOT want one with out an actual fuel gauge. Does anyone know what years came with one? :thumbup:

All FZ6's come with a digital fuel gauge, and a trip meter, that automatically switches over to reserve, when you get down to about 3.5 litres of fuel in your tank.

:thumbup:

SDatl404

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks! On yamaha's site it didn't say anything about a digital fuel gauge. Maybe they dropped it for 2009?

"High-tech instrument display features analog tachometer, digital speedometer, dual trip meter with miles on reserve function, odometer, water temperature and lights for neutral, high beam, low fuel and turn signals—also a fade-in lighting feature with adjustable brightness."

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
They haven't dropped it for the 2009

You can actualy see it here:
26585d1270740411-fz6-riders-show-us-your-baby-img_1002.jpg

This is a 2009 model.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, like I said. They haven't dropped it.

Hasn't changed for a couple of years

Yep...,.and it's still not entirely accurate, or consistent with it's readings....is different going up hills, to going down hills...

:thumbup:

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Like any bike, after about 3 tanks of fuel you'll have a better idea with kms than you will the fuel gauge.

The 'fade' comment refers to the fact you can adjust the brightness of the display.