Direct replacement LED's?

FZ-B

Reaction score
Visit site
Can I use an led bulb that would be a direct replacement for the turn signal bulbs with no modifications? I found a few online sources, but would rather go with the known.

Can I use an led bulb that would be a direct replacement for the turn signal bulbs with no modifications? I found a few online sources, but would rather go with the known.

First, you should check if your relay is OEM, or not.

When you have the OEM relay still installed, then, the blinking frequency will be way faster after the installation of the LED bulbs. This is because the relay-exit is transistor-technology, and the blinking frequency depends on the load that is applyd (normal bulbs or LED)
LED draws less current than OEM bulbs, therefore the blinking frequency will be faster.

Somewhere on the forum there is a topic on the relay and which type you will need if you want to install the LED bulbs.

Sure, you can get 1156 and 1157 types here. I don't think I know if the turn signals are this type, but they have LED repacements for all of the other common bulb types too. I am using an "Eagle Eye 5" for my brake/tail light. I have tried at least 4 LED replacements for my brake/tail, and this is the brightest. I have yet to find one that is as bright as the stock incadescent, but the Eagle Eye 5 is close. They also sell the LED flasher units.

Thanks! I know my relay is stock as I've never done anything to it. I don't mind the OEM turn signals, especially after adding the FE. But I do like the benefits of LED's.

Back