Difficuly?

VNP3

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey All,

Im super interested in making my sweet ol' FZ6 into a hot nekkid bike. However, im newer to riding and have limited knowledge in the automechanic field, im learning but its a long slow process. This nekkid mod would give me a chance to get more accustom to the bike.

how difficult is the process for someone like my self?

Pros of the Nekkid?

Cons of the nekkid?

Thanks for the input.

discobiscuit

Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered my VS02 kit, the instructions came via e-mail and look fairly straight forward. I have removed the OEM fairing to do some repair work and if you can use a screwdriver and a socket set you will be fine. Removing the parts is easy, re-assembly is the hard part but since your trying to go naked you just have to follow the new install instructions.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I did it the harder way (no kit.. individual bits and pieces and had to make my own speedo bracket). Kit makes it infinitely easier. Nearly bolt on and go with few possible tweaks required, but if you run into any issues we'll quickly walk you through it.

Biggest pro of naked for me and the main reason I converted: much better air flow and no more buffeting .. no helmet noise!

Biggest con of naked, nothing to hide behind at highway speeds. I never liked FZ6 at 75, but at least there was an option to tuck and make the wind completely disappear. With naked, that option does not exist so going fast for prolonged periods of time is quite tiring.

discobiscuit

Reaction score
Visit site
its in the mail right now on its way here, but i will let you know. There are several reviews and installations from this forum and everyone seems to love it.

darkstofknightz

Reaction score
Visit site
I did it the harder way (no kit.. individual bits and pieces and had to make my own speedo bracket). Kit makes it infinitely easier. Nearly bolt on and go with few possible tweaks required, but if you run into any issues we'll quickly walk you through it.

Biggest pro of naked for me and the main reason I converted: much better air flow and no more buffeting .. no helmet noise!

Biggest con of naked, nothing to hide behind at highway speeds. I never liked FZ6 at 75, but at least there was an option to tuck and make the wind completely disappear. With naked, that option does not exist so going fast for prolonged periods of time is quite tiring.

Totally agree about the highway. The group I ride with does alot of highway runs, and I felt like a big wind-sail, which at high speeds felt really unsafe for me. Kind-of a mute point for me now however, got a gsxr. :ban:

discobiscuit

Reaction score
Visit site
VNP3.....

I got my kit tuesday and installed it and got a chance to ride this morning to work.
The kit does take some degree of mechanics to install. Basic tools and some rewiring will do the trick. I would say its a medium defiiculty install only because the kit doesnt come with step by step instructions. I did have to backtrack once or twice after realizing I skipped a step. I would say it took 3 hours but I did skip the mirror install and opted for some aftermarket bar end mirrors. I didnt feel like removing all of the handle bar hardware to slide the mirror clamp that was provided.
If you get the kit and run into trouble there are enough people here to help you if you get stuck.
I am 5'10' and the OEM fairing would block wind up to my chin/neck line, the naked kit changes the wind level about 6" lower. I actually like it a lot more than the OEM. I get less helmet shake and since I live in the south its friggin hot and enjoy the cooling wind.
I dont think you will be disappointed.