Differences between Euro and US/Canadian spec 2006 FZ6?

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know (for sure) what the differences in spec (particularly the engine and engine management system) are between the 2006 European version FZ6 (the 98hp model) and the US/Canadian spec FZ6 (if any)?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There are no differences in the engine, The UK bikes have a different ignition harness. We get the Yamaha immobiliser as standard :spank:.

Nelly

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
There are no differences in the engine, The UK bikes have a different ignition harness. We get the Yamaha immobiliser as standard :spank:.

Nelly

Thanks Nelly. :thumbup:
Reason I'm asking is because I'm installing DB killers into my Scorpions which should be arriving from the UK soon. I have a Power Commander III which has the MAP download for Scorpions, but the MAP is for our "straight-through" racing Scorps, which are (sort of) legal here. I'm wondering if I should now download the MAP for the Euro model with Scorpions, which have the baffles installed.
There is a HUGE difference between the two MAPs.....the "US/Cdn" one is mostly all + (positive) numbers (richer than stock), while the Euro MAP is mostly - (negative) numbers (leaner than stock) throughout the throttle opening/rev range.
Anybody have any thoughts on this? :)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Nelly. :thumbup:
Reason I'm asking is because I'm installing DB killers into my Scorpions which should be arriving from the UK soon. I have a Power Commander III which has the MAP download for Scorpions, but the MAP is for our "straight-through" racing Scorps, which are (sort of) legal here. I'm wondering if I should now download the MAP for the Euro model with Scorpions, which have the baffles installed.
There is a HUGE difference between the two MAPs.....the "US/Cdn" one is mostly all + (positive) numbers (richer than stock), while the Euro MAP is mostly - (negative) numbers (leaner than stock) throughout the throttle opening/rev range.
Anybody have any thoughts on this? :)
I think someone like Fred or Hellgate would be able to answer this with more clarity.
Do you have the CAT still in situ?

Nelly

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, the catalyst is still intact. I really do hate to tamper with the mapping, as my bike runs so well with the present MAP.
Perhaps if Hellgate or Fred see this thread, they'll chime in. :)
A custom map isn't feasable at this time, as there's nobody within 300 miles who can do it properly.