did a coolant change but forgot one thing

megatronixs

Reaction score
Visit site
i did a coolant change because i kept having water pour out of my reservoir over fill tube. At first i thought it was the water pump leaking because that's were all the coolant ended up then i saw it dripping from the tube, looked inside the res it was definitely time for a change. So changed the coolant but was in such a hurry i didn't warm the bike up and its been sitting for two days.

so i guess my question is do i gotta redo my work? its not a big deal more of a :spank: damn... ha.

thanks

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
Your going to want to run water through it a few times to wash away as much of the old coolant as you can and then refill the rad. and res. with new coolant. If all you did was drain the old coolant and then refill I would redo. If you already flushed the system but simply did not fill all the way you should be fine. Just top off and go and check level again after it gets up to operating temp.

megatronixs

Reaction score
Visit site
Ha, i did put the hose in and let run i forgot to put that. so then i should be good. hoping for no more leaks :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer: