Del Amo Yamaha Demo Tour 9/23-9/24

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
Howdy guys for anyone in southern California Del Amo Motosports in Redondo Beach Los Angeles is having the Yamaha Demo tour from 9/23-9/24. It looks like three bikes will be available for test rides the FZ8 Super Tenere and the Stryker. Also the Del Amo Street sale is 9/24. I already called to get myself a test ride 3pm on Fiday. the manager said you get an hour slot and ride as many as you can in the hour.

edit:
Also thread jacking my own thread for a second. Last Sunday 9/4 about 1 pm I came up behind a red FZ6 06 or newer with a tank bag going south on PCH. Are you a member of this forum?? just saying howdy.

Last edited:

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
So I hope some people in the Los Angeles area made it out to the Demo rides and street sale. I know I had a blast riding 7 bikes and buying a new scorpion exo 1000 and new gloves for the girlfriend.

Yamaha Test Ride Report
Sorry no pics of the actual bikes I tested I forgot my camera :spank:
One of the highlights watching the Yamaha Demo rider in front of me have a car try to pinch him so he busted off their mirror after numerous honks

Stryker:
Well it is a smaller cruiser but the GF wanted to be a passenger on the cruisers so I tried a bunch. Controls where very easy and smooth and the bike did not feel heavy once under way. Good pickup from a stop. Very nice brakes on this one. As with all the cruisers I kept trying to put my feet on the pegs directly below me instead of in front of me and I kept leaning forward instead of relaxing and leaning back. I scraped peg on this one even though it was not the lowest one I rode (Vstar950 was the lowest)

Raider:
The strykers big brother. Man this one was fun, lots of power and very smooth power distribution. Harder to stop than the stryker. The GF did not like the seat since it was brand new slippery leather and she slid around on it. but that seat just needs to be broken in.

Vstar 950 (tourer)
The GF really liked this one because it had the sissy bar(backrest) on it. I was not as pleased with this one. It felt like the heaviest and was the hardest to stop. (I know the raider and Vstar 1300 are both bigger heavier bikes but this was one felt the heaviest when manouvering it and stopping it.

Vstar 1300 No sissy bar
This was a very similar ride to the raider but felt more powerful and and was the easiest cruiser to stop.

R6 (No GF allowed by Yamaha:rockon:)
Not gonna lie this one was probably the most fun, and it was nice to see what the same engine can do with different tuning. Felt very quick and nimble especially after riding those cruisers where I could really be heavy on the throttle. I was a little heavy on this throttle once and popped the front tire up a few inches. My only complaint on this bike is it will kill my back and wrist on 30 plus minute rides. I mean I could totally feel it after the 15 minutes

FZ8
This is a really smooth bike even in the first and second gear range. I mean I took it to 25 mph in first and it was really smooth not much engine braking going on. The clutch was very twitchy smaller friction zone than our bikes so I stalled it a couple of times.

Super Tenere
I was not awed or amazed by this bike, but then again I only rode it on the street for 15 minutes and I feel this is a bike you need to take on some rough roads or some dirt roads to really take advantage of it. I did not notice a huge difference between sport and touring mode. I did like the upright seating position and the seat was really tall nice for my lanky legs.