Dear neighbour... by anonymous

Corsara

Reaction score
Visit site
Got home from work last night to find an anonymous letter sent through the regular mail. It says:

"Neighbour- please have respect for your neighbours!
your noisy bike is disrespectful to us who work shifts!
our children are not safe when you speed as you do down their streets!!"

Hard to deal with anonymous cowards, but here's what I have to say:

1) I never ever went with more than 30-35 kph on my or any other residential street.
2) I did install my Leo Vince exhaust last week, but I've never ever revved it up on my street or my driveway. Yes, it is noisy, but so are the lawn mowers that everyone is using.
3) There are 3 families on my street, who have little kids. One of this families is mine and my own kids. I've spoken with the other two families, and they don't have any complaints or any worries about my bike.

Can somebody tell me what this anonymous letter aims to accomplish? That I should sell my bike or what? That I won't ride during the day cause somebody might be sleeping or what? I really don't get it, what the hell is happening to this world!

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That is pretty lame of them that's for sure. Don't worry about it. You have all your bases covered with the neighbors you need to worry about. Screw them. You can only be so nice. Rev the heck out of your baby next time out. LOL

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry you have to deal with a person like this. Remain calm and be at peace.
Fear is a disease and it will promote terrorism. You can already see the results. :D

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Don't do something as stupid as revving your bike to annoy them further. This is why bikers have such a bad reputation. This also is why people are pushing for laws to restrict loud bikes. You now have a loud bike and no matter how much you may think it is the coolest sound you ever heard the overwhelming percentage of the population will disagree.

The note is anonymous probably because they don't want to start a feud or could be a friend or even a family member.

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
I actually didnt go with a leo sort of because of that. Not because they get annoyed with the sound riding up and down the street, but because when i idle it in the morning to warm up im sure it would piss off some since i get up so early LOL.

I might get one anyways, they have known me for years with my loud cars and never complained.

Wonder if your neighbors would have put that note on a crazy loud pipeless harley.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldnt sweat it they probably work 3rd shift and you just happened to.ride by when they just went to sleep. I used to work 3rd and there is always something that wakes you up that is just one of the downfalls of working 3rd. But your not doing anything illegal so they are just being pricks, and some ppl dont realize that just because when you ride by and your motorcycle is loud that dosent mean your speeding, alot of people seem to relate noise with speed. But im with mx start reving your bike when you ride by that house with the neighbors that you havent talked to....maybe they will get the point, if not send them a anonymous letter saying dear neighbor, please do not cut your grass wig your lawnmower anymore, when im trying to watch tv i cant hear it because of your mower, please go buy a pair of scissors and do it with those

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Corsara

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't do something as stupid as revving your bike to annoy them further. This is why bikers have such a bad reputation. This also is why people are pushing for laws to restrict loud bikes. You now have a loud bike and no matter how much you may think it is the coolest sound you ever heard the overwhelming percentage of the population will disagree.

The note is anonymous probably because they don't want to start a feud or could be a friend or even a family member.

No, I won't rev it....if anything, I'll start sacrificing the initial engine warm-up, so that I can leave asap.

Regarding the note---it's not from family, i've got two little kids and my wife, who supports me.

Corsara

Reaction score
Visit site
...maybe they will get the point, if not send them a anonymous letter saying dear neighbor, please do not cut your grass wig your lawnmower anymore, when im trying to watch tv i cant hear it because of your mower, please go buy a pair of scissors and do it with those

I'm tripping here, can't stop laughing, hahaha :rockon:

TripNip

Men of Mayhem
Reaction score
Visit site
So basically this Neighbor is declaring it's your fault that he works nights and has to sleep in the day. Any noise in -the day- is classed as an incovenience to him, and unfarity. Everyone else should stop there doings in life because he has unordinary job hours, ridiculous.
If you say your not flying down the street and revving the **** out of it, it's not like your being incosiderate. However, you have every right to do your hobby in a free-land.

Find a new job.

Sorry for the rant.

If all else fail, leave some earplugs on his doorstep.

P.S General question for the States here. If you work shifts, rather than standard hours, do you get a bonus in your wages?

OKstate311

Gettin' Fizzy wit it
Reaction score
myspace.com
I've gotten one of those before. To be fair, I work evenings and don't usually make it home until 11 or Midnight and I've got 2 Bros installed on mine. But in my defense I got this note AFTER I took the pain to drive through my complex while under-revving the engine in 2nd gear, coasting down the hill to my parking spot with the engine off, and turning my lights off as well to keep from shining into anyone's windows.

I knew who it was and confronted them about it, and said you'd be damn lucky to find anyone who's going to be as considerate as I've been, so drop the attitude and figure out a way to deal with it. :Flip:

I think I'm going to order some silencer tips for the 2 Bros though, bc those thigns are really effing loud!! :ban:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
So basically this Neighbor is declaring it's your fault that he works nights and has to sleep in the day. Any noise in -the day- is classed as an incovenience to him, and unfarity. Everyone else should stop there doings in life because he has unordinary job hours, ridiculous.
If you say your not flying down the street and revving the **** out of it, it's not like your being incosiderate. However, you have every right to do your hobby in a free-land.

Find a new job.

Sorry for the rant.

If all else fail, leave some earplugs on his doorstep.

P.S General question for the States here. If you work shifts, rather than standard hours, do you get a bonus in your wages?

It all just depends on the company you work for. Its not a law or anything like that but in my case when i worked 3rd they gave me a $1 raise

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
Leo's with the db killers in are not that loud at all. I live in a complex, and whenever I come and go I make sure to coast into my garage/stay at the lowest revs possible to not piss anyone off. It sounds like you're doing these things and are mindful of being courteous, so I would just brush it off.

A lot of people just look at motorcycles and assume people on them are speeding. Don't worry about it at all. You shouldn't have to sacrifice part of your lifestyle due to someone else's (who is anonymous, at that!).

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
i'd ignore it until they are man or woman enough to sign their name on it

used to get a ton of letters from "the residents" when i legally parked my car on their road to go to work, claiming all kinds of BS about how their kids could no longer play in the street (wtf it was near a main road!), and how ambulances couldn't fit down (i observed a lorry driving down there), in the end they gave up

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
I have 2bros on. I feel self conscious every morning. I expect someone to complain one day. What can you do tho? I have loud neighbors outside of my window who only yell when they speak. And there is always some Jersey Shore kind of drama going on. Can I put a db killer on their mouths? It would be a waste of my time to even pay attention to them. Just something you have to live with.

Last edited:

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
just wait until i get a ducati for my garage, complete with open clutch basket and termignonis, then my neighbours might have something to say :D

BH322893

Pastry Chef
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.HarpersBakery.net
reminds me of a letter I wrote to my neighbors,

Dear Dog Owning Neighbors,
We do not want to hear them bark at 5am just because you don't want them in the house. Also put them on a lead instead of letting them roam the neighborhood freely. I can't stress this next part enough, if I see you letting your dog **** on my lawn again, even if you pick it up, I will come to your house late at night and personally **** on your front door step. Let them **** on your own lawn if you plan to pick it up!

Have a great day!

That a**hole down the street