darling, didn`t start this morning :(

bane

Boss
Reaction score
Visit site
:(

After yesterday short driving though everything was working just perfect, this morning lucks like the start button is dead :eek: ...and no usual sound from gasoline pump... No errors on display no nothing weird... almost am shore that the battery isn't a problem, but to be honest as am running to work I didn’t have time to check fusers… with the key in, he does his usual checking, usual lamps turn on/off..

Anyone had a similar problem?

Astennu

Reaction score
Visit site
Indeed. I had that once. And back then it was the kill switch. You cant see it very clear with the FZ6 but in my case it was switched to on so it would not start anymore.

Taku

Not a senile member.
Reaction score
Visit site
Well that's a bit trickier... How many km/miles it has? And when you have time you should check the fuses, could be that...

bane

Boss
Reaction score
Visit site
You didn't leave it in gear did you ?
Nooo, during the night am shore it was in neutral... one thought is going through my mine, when I try to sit on a bike I was hit the right panel where the seat is with my foot, as I remember there is a box with fuses.. I will check this soon as I finish with work..

Thank you all

Astennu

Reaction score
Visit site
Nooo, during the night am shore it was in neutral... one thought is going through my mine, when I try to sit on a bike I was hit the right panel where the seat is with my foot, as I remember there is a box with fuses.. I will check this soon as I finish with work..

Thank you all

i know the relay's of the blinkers and stuff are there but i dont know about the fuses. Have not looked for them yet. They could also be under the gas tank. But just look that up in the manual.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nooo, during the night am sure it was in neutral... one thought is going through my mind, when I try to sit on a bike I was hit the right panel where the seat is with my foot, as I remember there is a box with fuses.. I will check this soon as I finish with work..

Thank you all

The ignition circuit includes the main fuse (under tank) and the ignition fuse (RH cover). Good luck :thumbup:

Last edited:

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
I would still be suspicious of the battery. If the battery is low it may have enough power to run the lights for a bit but just not the fuel pump. Some questions:

1) Does the bike turn over? Or does it make a ticking sound when you push the starter?
2) Is it the original battery?
3) Have you tested the battery to determine whether it is at full capacity or near it? You should be able to take it to your local auto parts store and have it tested (probably for free)

You can't hurt the battery by throwing a battery tender on it and seeing if it will charge up and hold that charge.

Seems to me that the fuel pump not running is the key here. If it were a simple fuse or switch (not the main fuse mind you) like the kickstand or something, the pump would still spin but the bike would do absolutely nothing when you pushed the button.

Good Luck and let us know how it turns out

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Bane!

Check kickstand switch and clutch switch.

Edit: Disregard: I read it too fast and thought you said no unusual sound from fuel pump. Yes check connections and battery etc....

Last edited:

bane

Boss
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Bane!

Check kickstand switch and clutch switch.

Edit: Disregard: I read it too fast and thought you said no unusual sound from fuel pump. Yes check connections and battery etc....
Motogiro, what did u say about a kickstand???? M8 YOU WERE RIGHT!!!!!!!!

so today I learn a good lesson... somehow, somewhere, something blocked, after I assemble all parts,check the fuses, reconnect a battery, bla,bla,bla...after that I were clunking a kickstand couple of times, tried the ignition, and buuuum...

thank you all, hope this thread will help someone not to waist nerves as I did today

Once again THAAAAAAAAANKKKKKSSSSS :) :) :)