DAMN you Townsend!

Yes the comment was aimed at you, and that's why the comment was in the form of a question not a statement
Putting a question mark at the end of a statement does not make it a question!

Some examples of statements that do NOT become questions just because they have a question mark on the end of them instead of a full-stop:-
  • one plus one equals two?
  • the earth is round?
  • And for the record I'm not trying to cut you down, from the sound of it you have probably never owned a open exhaust bike so it's possible you might just not know and have formed your opinion from your neighbor squids who never take it out of 1st gear?
  • People don't like loud noises when they are trying to sleep at 4am?
  • Lots of people disagree with each other?

And yes, I am a bit of a...
gallery_178_80_6512.jpg

Putting a question mark at the end of a statement does not make it a question!

• one plus one equals two?
  • the earth is round?
  • And for the record I'm not trying to cut you down, from the sound of it you have probably never owned a open exhaust bike so it's possible you might just not know and have formed your opinion from your neighbor squids who never take it out of 1st gear?
  • People don't like loud noises when they are trying to sleep at 4am?
  • Lots of people disagree with each other?

Actually, in all of those examples, the statement DOES indeed become a question - albeit not essentially 'proper'. (but said in an enquiring tone)

The question mark denotes uncertainty at the statement, and although it could be worded correctly, it remains a question.

But, not wanting to derail this thread further, we'll get back to it.

Sanger took offence at my 'apparent' disregard for my neighbours - whereas I said that jokingly, in an effort to emphasis my amazement at the difference. (it's that good, if they don't like it, they can lump it etc)

Obviously I should have worded my statement more correctly.

So, everyone is right, in their own way. I do NOT intend to rev my bike up at the detriment of my neighbours, and should they take issue with it, I will reinstall my db killers, albeit begrudgingly.

I do NOT want to further tarnish the already poor reputation of motorcycle riders by having an obnoxiously loud exhaust.

So, now may we all sleep in peace, knowing that I do not intend ill-will toward my neighbours, but will instead respect their right to peace and serenity.

Everyone good now? (another example of a statement, that becomes a question with the correct punctuation....)

Cheers,
Rick

Well I love the sound of the Scorps & i'll gladly listen to the growl at 4am....... Ohh wait , I already do :) & I havent had any complaints from the neighbours :thumbup:...... Obviously your not going to bounce it off the limiter anywhere near where you live , thats just common sense...

How about the popping sound when the bike is lean?:thumbup::rockon:

It doesn't pop at all, period... Bone stock, stock air cleaner, no power commanders.

IMHO, Just sounds 200% better than the stock can, is lighter slightly louder off idle, much louder when running high RPMs, 8k +

BTW, I do respect my neighbors, NO ONE's ever said anything about it being obtrusive. I retired from law enforcement after 25+ years, MC cop as well, and the FZ is NO where near as loud as a majority of HD's.. I don't re-call I ever wrote a bike a ticket for loud pipes, a car with NO muffler/disconnected, a couple...

Again, IMHO, having somewhat louder pipes (not obnoxious) does NOT shine a bad light on all motorcyclists at all, but each has their own opinion's.. I would avoid generalizing, period..

As a side note, I got stopped MORE on my old 2005 KLR 250 (with the stock quiet muffler), never stopped on the FZ as I do tend to ride it closer to the speed limit. The KLR was so quiet you could go faster and did indeed get stopped.... Now the Harley (2001 Wide Glide with Screaming eagle pipes) was loud ALL THE TIME....(actually, that's my cop car behind it)

Last edited:
So, everyone is right, in their own way. I do NOT intend to rev my bike up at the detriment of my neighbours, and should they take issue with it, I will reinstall my db killers, albeit begrudgingly.

I do NOT want to further tarnish the already poor reputation of motorcycle riders by having an obnoxiously loud exhaust.

So, now may we all sleep in peace, knowing that I do not intend ill-will toward my neighbours, but will instead respect their right to peace and serenity.

Everyone good now? (another example of a statement, that becomes a question with the correct punctuation....)

Cheers,
Rick
Sounds good to me!

Back