Dairyland insurance

blitzcraig

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just a note to all of those (I guess just in the US?) who have Dairyland motorcycle insurance. I just got my renewal offer from them and they want $1,300 for 12 months :eek:. Can't remember what exactly I paid them for the past 12 months at the moment, but I know it wasn't that high. It is for maximum coverage though, which apparently I have to have because I have a seperate umbrella policy. But I have no tickets, accidents... nothing like that. So I jumped onto progressive.com and got a quote with the SAME coverages, and it came to $525. I almost want to call Dairyland and rip them a new one about what they were thinking trying to stick me with that bill.

Point of the story... if anyone has Dairyland now, go shop it.

sweber_7

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Blitzcraig. I just finished paying my policy off with Dairyland and it was right around $1000. I also have no tickets or accidents but im only 18.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Point of the story...don't use a company called "Dairyland" for anything other than milk related products! :thumbup: hee hee

Seriously, "Dairyland"?!?!? WTF kind of name for an inusrance company is that?!?! Yeah, that would be my first thought when thinking "wonder who sells insurance" lol.

Here in Canada, this is the only Dairyland around:

header.gif

blitzcraig

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah who knows. It's also called Sentry insurance. My insurance broker said they had the best quote last year. Not to sound like a Progressive salesman, but if you have your VIN # to your bike handy, you can bang out a quote in about 5 minutes. Not to start another insurance thread here, but I had to bring that up. The first year with them was ok, then the second year the only payment plan they were going to offer me was to pay two months worth of insurance every month for six months, then have no payments for six months, and I said no I'd rather pay the regular amount for 12 months, and they told me I couldn't do that. So that got me going with them. And then they hit me with this crazy spike in cost. So I just figured if they are doing it to me, they must be doing it to other people, so now I'm like one of those howler monkeys in the trees when they see a snake. Gotta alert the others!!

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Just a note to all of those (I guess just in the US?) who have Dairyland motorcycle insurance. I just got my renewal offer from them and they want $1,300 for 12 months :eek:. Can't remember what exactly I paid them for the past 12 months at the moment, but I know it wasn't that high. It is for maximum coverage though, which apparently I have to have because I have a seperate umbrella policy. But I have no tickets, accidents... nothing like that. So I jumped onto progressive.com and got a quote with the SAME coverages, and it came to $525. I almost want to call Dairyland and rip them a new one about what they were thinking trying to stick me with that bill.

Point of the story... if anyone has Dairyland now, go shop it.

Well, these Dairyland insurance execs probably have big boat payments and they need all the help you can get them. Be considerate and pay up. You want them to possibly go into default and risk losing their luxury boats?

Kilbane83

Member With Members
Reaction score
Visit site
I have dairyland, Liability + theft, not full coverage it's $32/month. Can't find anything comparable with any other insurance policies. Asked about full coverage and it's double that though. Shopping for insurance is about as fun as taking an acid bath.

For full coverage I think Gieko quoted me something outragous like $2.4k/year. Progressive wasn't much better.

Last edited:

teej21012

Reaction score
Visit site
Allstate is where its at. 300 for a whole year. That's with me being under 21 and no safety driver course (I know I know I'm doing it this spring. Just got my permit this past fall and was too late to go do one before winter hit)

Wade Poulsen

Reaction score
Visit site
I use progressive and pay $55.00/month for my 2008FZ6 and my 2009FZ1. You are getting robbed if you pay over that for just one bike...get more quotes other places...If you have a car, they might give you multiple vehicle discounts...

dantrigg

Reaction score
Visit site
I use progressive and pay $55.00/month for my 2008FZ6 and my 2009FZ1. You are getting robbed if you pay over that for just one bike...get more quotes other places...If you have a car, they might give you multiple vehicle discounts...

My wife and have used State Farm for at least 15 years, which may factor into our rates. We have one car, a truck and two motorcycles. For liability I pay about $50 for the 2004 FZ6 and she pays $150 for her 2007 Ninja 650R. That is per YEAR. I don't know what makes you guys insurance so expensive other than full coverage, location, tickets, or age?

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
My wife and have used State Farm for at least 15 years, which may factor into our rates. We have one car, a truck and two motorcycles. For liability I pay about $50 for the 2004 FZ6 and she pays $150 for her 2007 Ninja 650R. That is per YEAR. I don't know what makes you guys insurance so expensive other than full coverage, location, tickets, or age?

Get Out! $50 a year for liability? Like I said, Get Out!

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i just recieved my bill in the mail.. 2004 fz6 - im age 30 - some tickets, no dui or any major violations - total for 12 months $558.. last year it was $604.. i might shop, but its pretty reasonable imo..

Getaway

Reaction score
Visit site
Some states are just better than others on insurance rates. I had State Farm in GA and full coverage for my 04 was $336 that's with 5 other vehicles. In NC, the FZ6 was quoted at $848 full, $660 liability only. That was quoting 3 agents.

Had to flip it to Progressive. No one else was close