Cycle World Project Re-Cycle -my old FZ6

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
Just wanted to post this up for you all to check out. I sold my FZ a month ago to Bikebandit.com for Cycle World's Project Re-Cycle so they could turn it into a streetfighter and auction it off for charity. Their site went live a while back so now it's time you see the beast my former stocker has become. Eventually they will post a link to the auction.

Project Re-Cycle Yamaha FZ6

fz6_headlight.jpg

Their webisite details the modifications (all parts had to come from BikeBandit's inventory) and lists why each one was needed to complete the project. Looks like they've added some cool parts (and cleaned off the splatter from my liberal use of chain lube, haha) :thumbup:

I barely recognize my baby -definitely curious how that front end and gauge cluster look in person.

galen

Reaction score
Visit site
I was just getting ready to post about the auction. It will be sold and the proceeds will go to a pediatric Brain Tumor foundation. Great cause and could be a good deal for some one:thumbup:

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, it would be a great opportunity for someone here.

The first auction was an amazing deal for whoever got the KLR. It went for under $5k and was a nicely-prepped budget adventure bike. I bid on it, but decided to go the F800GS route instead (new bike still needed to crunch fast hwy miles as easily as the FZ6 did ;) ).

Curious to see what the FZ6 will bring.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just wanted to post this up for you all to check out. I sold my FZ a month ago to Bikebandit.com for Cycle World's Project Re-Cycle so they could turn it into a streetfighter and auction it off for charity. Their site went live a while back so now it's time you see the beast my former stocker has become. Eventually they will post a link to the auction.

fz6_headlight.jpg

Their webisite details the modifications (all parts had to come from BikeBandit's inventory) and lists why each one was needed to complete the project. Looks like they've added some cool parts (and cleaned off the splatter from my liberal use of chain lube, haha) :thumbup:

I barely recognize my baby -definitely curious how that front end and gauge cluster look in person.

How cool! Just had a read....go easy with that chain lube buddy! :D

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice looking ride, and for a great cause. The Koso instrument cluster looks bada$$ on her! And they Cyclops headlight assembly...

:drool:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Fantastic!

Not sure I like the cyclops headlight :eek: but the rest of it is great.

And it was for a good cause :thumbup:

Loving that koso gauge :)

Thanks for letting us know

mcook

Reaction score
Visit site
This has been a fun project, and I like this bike the more miles I put on it.

I agree with those of you not in love with the Cyclops. I think the bike would look great with a simple round, SV650-style headlight. (I wonder if my wife will notice if her SV's goes missing?)

Something that'll show up on the site soon: We just ran it on the dyno with and without the Akra inserts. Less than 2 hp difference with the Power Commander 004 map (modified).

Marc

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site

Interesting that they went to the same straight rate springs I did..... I didn't know the rear shock was re-buildable. Re sprung, and re-valved, that would be the most economical way to get the back sorted out.....

Hah i picked up a cycle world mag in borders to occupy myself while my GF found books and came across that article and wondered at the time if it was somebody on the forums!!! That's great! Not sure i like what they did with the headlight but the rest looked pretty nice. Also i believe i saw it on ebay a few days ago for their auction donation.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Quick update, As i myself am in the market for a used fz6.... noticed on ebay it is (as of now) at 2,999....tell your friends about it!