Cut off by an FZ6!!

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
So I was on the way to get drug tested for work in my RX7 (had the carbon copy form with me so I didn't take the FZ for fear of smudging it up). I'm on the main street here, one lane in each direction with a median. I see a Raven FZ6 with Carbon 2 Bros sitting at the stop sign on one of the side streets. Cool! But then he looks at me as I am about to pass his street, and guns it and cuts right in front of me! :eek: He's lucky I pay attention when I drive or my dream car would have a big black smear across the front! He didn't even have gear on, just a helmet. It would have been a very bad day for him if I hadn't slowed down when he shot in front of my bumper. If you are on here, you deserve a :spank:

scoobydrvr

Reaction score
Visit site
There's a guy on a FZ6 here in town that wears the official squid uniform (shorts, t-shirt, sunglasses). He always waves exuberantly to me, I just knock on my helmet. Idiot...

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
So I was on the way to get drug tested for work in my RX7 (had the carbon copy form with me so I didn't take the FZ for fear of smudging it up). I'm on the main street here, one lane in each direction with a median. I see a Raven FZ6 with Carbon 2 Bros sitting at the stop sign on one of the side streets. Cool! But then he looks at me as I am about to pass his street, and guns it and cuts right in front of me! :eek: He's lucky I pay attention when I drive or my dream car would have a big black smear across the front! He didn't even have gear on, just a helmet. It would have been a very bad day for him if I hadn't slowed down when he shot in front of my bumper. If you are on here, you deserve a :spank:

I've had a couple squids cut me off when I'm in my GTO. Every time all I can think is that it is a good thing I'm a rider and not a typical cager. There are more than a couple people that might not have survived the lane change if I hadn't been aware of them well before they came close to me.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess it depends on the traffic but I sometimes jump into small gaps on the FZ6 but that being said, small to me is still a very safe distance/amount of time compared to what I see some people do.
He was just lucky it was you and not some idiot he did it too!

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
You should have run him down. That'll teach him not to mess with a FZ6 rider in a cage!

J/K but it just shows bad drivers are everywhere.

Is it me or are the rotten drivers multiplying? Man they are everywhere.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hopefully he isn't a member on this forum and never will be. We don't need riders like that contributing their thoughts and wisdoms if they ride like that.

Good job looking out for that rider, he's very lucky that you were behind the wheel at the time and moment.

iRoNyX

Reaction score
Visit site
There's a guy on a FZ6 here in town that wears the official squid uniform (shorts, t-shirt, sunglasses). He always waves exuberantly to me, I just knock on my helmet. Idiot...

Good idea... I've always wanted a way to say "wear your gear, jackass" with signals... Perhaps a knock on the helmet/jacket might do the trick... I live in Calgary and the squid to properly geared-up rider ratio here is like 5:1 - it's retarded. I get so sick of them.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Hopefully he isn't a member on this forum and never will be. We don't need riders like that contributing their thoughts and wisdoms if they ride like that.

On the other hand, if he was/is on this forum, he might benefit from different perpectives.

scoobydrvr

Reaction score
Visit site
... the squid to properly geared-up rider ratio here is like 5:1 ...

+1 Now that school's back in swing, all the "bros" (frat boys) are out in full force. I almost asked one guy (wearing the :squid: uniform) if he's ever laid one down but I was afraid I might end up getting in a fight or something.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
One should be honored to be cut off by an FZ6. Similar to, maybe, if CA Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger or somebody dinged your cage door. (just joking)

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
I cant help but think that maybe it wasnt as bad as you think. I and everyone I know have taken advantage of the sportbikes compact size while in traffic, Everyone has been cut off, and everyone has done it to someone else. sometimes you're just to focused on getting there instead of courtesy. I would give him the benefit of the doubt, as a rider lord know he has been on the recieving end of some bad driving.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I cant help but think that maybe it wasnt as bad as you think. I and everyone I know have taken advantage of the sportbikes compact size while in traffic, Everyone has been cut off, and everyone has done it to someone else. sometimes you're just to focused on getting there instead of courtesy. I would give him the benefit of the doubt, as a rider lord know he has been on the recieving end of some bad driving.

That's right, I am giving the benefit of the doubt.....to Afpreppie04 that is. He rides, and he was driving. If it appeared to him that it was too close, i'm going to support his view rather than the rider. If it was a cager who have never ridden before, I'll give the benefit to the rider.

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
That's right, I am giving the benefit of the doubt.....to Afpreppie04 that is. He rides, and he was driving. If it appeared to him that it was too close, i'm going to support his view rather than the rider. If it was a cager who have never ridden before, I'll give the benefit to the rider.

Easy now, just my opinion. sometimes people make mistakes.