Custom SS brake lines

K

kevin-06fz6

There is a local auto performance shop that makes custom stainless brake lines for any application, so I'm looking for specs for the lengths of lines I need to order. I used some string and traced the existing stock lines and got a few numbers, but wanted to compare with HEL or the like to make sure I'm not totally off!

I measured from banjo to banjo. Also, I'm going to replace the stock single front line to dual, so the left line is an estimated number.

Front right - 33 3/4", m/c banjo is 10mm w/ 45 degree bend, caliper banjo is 10mm w/ 15 degree bend

Front left - 36 1/2", m/c banjo is 10mm w/ 45 degree bend, caliper banjo is 10mm w/ 15 degree bend

Rear - 19 3/4", m/c banjo is 10mm w/45 degree bend, caliper banjo is 10mm w/45 degree bend (I see in pics that the HEL uses a 90 degree bend on the rear caliper, but it looks to sharp of a bend to me and doesn't seem necessary as there is ample clearance for a 45)

Thanks!

PY07FZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered a set of Spiegler SS brake lines from Tony at bluestreakracing.ca last week and should be getting those in the mail this week. If no one else chimes in I'll measure the lines for you once they come in. Pro6 cycle on Kipling offers custom made ss brake lines too in the Toronto area. Good group there, somight be worth checking out toc compare.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
When I had my HEL lines made up I asked for an extra inch to be added to the front mc to slave cyl line to account for bar risers. They knew what the standard length was and made the adjustment for me, so somewhere they must have a master list of standard length lines for each make/model???? maybe your custom line maker has the same access? I'm pretty sure I chucked the pack the lines came in which I think had the std line lengths on it. I'll have a quik squiz round the garage tonight

Zargof

MSF Instructor
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you looking to get them from APEX? I just ordered from there, if so I can post up my measurements and the fittings I got.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
as someone in the fitting world, i would make sure that those brake connections are with real stainless steel and not aluminum... i would take no chances and just save to buy from a trusted manufacture... good luck!!