custom r6 exhaust system

j_rok-84

Reaction score
Visit site
so i just installed an r6 header and gyt-r shorty pipe on my 09 fz6s. it's sweeeeet! i think that this is the way the fz6 should have come from the factory. it was fairly easy to install (alot easier than most considering i have a cousin that is an excellent welder!). sounds amazing too! pics and video coming soon! (as soon as i figure out how to do it haha!)

j_rok-84

Reaction score
Visit site
ok here are a couple pics. still no video. i'm not completely finished with the bike and i would like to post some fly-by videos, too, not just of the sound.

Mr.Mantas

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry man,
but it look ugly :spank:
Most of FZ6 owner LOVE pipes under the seat, so you are minority.
No offence, if you like how it looks, i respect that, but its not my cup of tea ;)

Best Regards.

bane

Boss
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry man,
but it look ugly :spank:
Most of FZ6 owner LOVE pipes under the seat, so you are minority.
No offence, if you like how it looks, i respect that, but its not my cup of tea ;)

Best Regards.

not my cup of tea too... pipes under the seat is the only thing that prevailed to by my beauty :thumbup:... anyway it's always a nice too see different options

cheers

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
A few guys did the R6 mod on the 6R also. I did it too but didn't like the fact that the exhaust stick out that far... doesn't look like it belong there... kind of.

Check this out Marthy Motorcycle Exhaust Solution - Home

I made a few of those for the boys. I mod the stock headers with a 2" outlet collector. So you can put any 2" slip-on. I have a few exhaust in stock, let me know if you want to try it... we can work something out...

Are you using PCV? This is quite drastic set up change for not using a fuel controler... just saying! On a bare minimum I need +5 to +8% fuel to stay in the 14:1 FR. (Using Auto Tune) But for better performance I'm in the +25% in some area in the mid range...

Last edited:

g8anos

Reaction score
Visit site
Dude, sorry, but this looks ugly!
I know, it's a personal preference but how can you NOT adore the double-under-tail exhaust system?

I put my Leo's on, and I can't stop looking at them when my bike is in vicinity. I love the sporty racing look they give. Besides, I prefer symmetry on everything. Symmetry equals beauty. One exhaust sticking on the right side is just not my thing (maybe you should consider to add an additional exhaust on the left side? )

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What do you plan to do with the gaping hole under the seat now....Fab up an undertray, or maybe do an R1,or R6 seat conversion....that would make sense, style wise.

:thumbup: