Custom Fairings

Zealot

The Village Idiot
Reaction score
Visit site
Custom Fairings - Looking For Input!

Stumbled across a picture of a beautiful looking FZ1 with some fairings.

33xk2mf.jpg

Then I found...

gFbtiBJ.png

And it was love!

I've been debating a purchase of fairings for some time now, and I'm a bit torn. I want to keep some of the aesthetics of the FZ6 in the 'naked' styling, and as such considered a belly pan - but I'm also a bit partial toward full fairings. My issue with the full fairings is that they look really ugly on our particular bike (at least the ones I was able to find on google). Then I saw the image above and fell in love, since that (in my opinion) captures the sport touring spirit perfectly! I'm really looking for a good looking belly pan, and radiator panels for the S2 model!

Is there anything like that for our bikes (that upper portion especially)? If not - what would some suggested brands be for either a bellypan or full fairings? Powerbronze, etc?

Looking at:
Yamaha FZ6 Fazer 2004-2010 Ermax Radiator Scoops (Pair) from Demon Bikes - motorcycle performance parts and accessories

Yamaha FZ6 FAZER / FZ6 / S2 2004-2010 Ermax Belly Pan from Demon Bikes - motorcycle performance parts and accessories

Upper side fairings seem to be known as Radiator Side Panels by TCP Aerodynamics whos website has been down for a couple of days now. The upper portion that seems to be really nice looking is the stock FZ6 fairing from 2004-2006. Looks like I'd be undergoing a pretty large swap out to get the old FZ6 head onto mine, were I to seek that look. Going to pass on that intensive process. It seems that some alternatives might be the 'radiator scoops' by ermax, which look pretty killer IMO.

Any input appreciated!

Last edited:

Zealot

The Village Idiot
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Custom Fairings - Looking For Input!

A shame nobody seems to have any input, but I hope my findings help somebody else along the way if they're lucky enough to stumble upon it.

Dry Martini

Reaction score
Visit site

Neither of those photos above are a full fairing. They are just adding plastic bits. Here is a full fairing:

7f93c7c838a7857f36e69691ec8e9b8c.jpg

This space intentionally left blank.

Zealot

The Village Idiot
Reaction score
Visit site

Neither of those photos above are a full fairing. They are just adding plastic bits. Here is a full fairing:

7f93c7c838a7857f36e69691ec8e9b8c.jpg

I know. I posted photos of the look I like, and want. Was simply debating full fairings, but ultimately wasn't very impressed by the look of it (Feel like our bike oughta be a bit naked, lest it look like all the other plastic covered supersports out there)

Dry Martini

Reaction score
Visit site

I know. I posted photos of the look I like, and want. Was simply debating full fairings, but ultimately wasn't very impressed by the look of it (Feel like our bike oughta be a bit naked, lest it look like all the other plastic covered supersports out there)

Sometime I wish my FZ6 were naked. I have another bike that is naked and the lack of a windscreen is actually a plus. I feel the FZ6 would benefit by the subtraction of the fairing.

hamousher

Reaction score
Visit site

I managed to get a lower Yamaha fairing for my FZ6 last September and I think its great. Even got the certificate of conformity.

hamousher

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry with the late reply. Had a lot going on, what with holidays and hospital visits for treatment. I was not able to get the correct color fairing but managed to get it resprayed.