Curious ?s on battery & LoJack

MandyJo98

Reaction score
www.myspace.com
Hi there, Im pretty new to this but I have a question regarding the battery. I have an 05 Yamaha FZ6 and Im looking for a new battery.. been calling around and I seem to get price ranges from $100-$150.. But then I found one online for $69. Was wondering if it's just the name Im buying or does is last longer with certain brands??

Next question.. Im interested in installing LoJack and stopped by a store today and they quoted me about $900! :eek: Was wondering if anyone has gotten it installed and how much??

Thanks again guys!

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sure lojack would be easy to find and disable if someone were to steal your bike. Unlike a car there's not many places to hide it and all of them are accessable with an allen wrench.

Spend the money on a good alarm, heavy chains and disc locks instead. Then practice good judgement when parking/storing your bike.

As far as the batteries, anything of the same type will work, even a walmart battery should be fine. Yuasa seem to be the most popular, but they're pretty expensive.

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
First off, :welcome: to the Forum!!!!

I would not use a lojack on a bike, for the reasons stated above. A good alarm and a disk lock are pretty effective.

As for batteries, I have been satisfied with WestCo batteries.

www.westcobattery.com

I have also used the Dennis Kirk replacements, and those seem fine too. A decent sealed MF type battery will be in the $80-120 range.