Crazy Iron multi-buy in Australia

alexiano

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,

After seeing a few people have offs recently, the topic of the best crash protectors has come up, and it's been recommended that Oggy sliders aren't the best for the FZ6 frame.

These crazy iron bars are available for about 170USD, but shipping to Australia is expensive as (as much as the items).

I'm calling out to other Aussies that might be interested in a bulk buy to save on postage.

Here's a translated link (from Russian site):
Google Translate

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If we can get postage down to something reasonable...I am definitely interested! :thumbup:

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
another option is have one of us here in the U.S.A ship them to you, the postal service here has "flat rate" boxes, they start at $4, just an idea.

Won't be saving any money that way unfortunately. I sent them an e-mail about shipping to the USA and got a similar price as Alexiano. They quoted me $170 for the crash bars and $150 for the shipping. That is in USD.

alexiano

Reaction score
Visit site
Won't be saving any money that way unfortunately. I sent them an e-mail about shipping to the USA and got a similar price as Alexiano. They quoted me $170 for the crash bars and $150 for the shipping. That is in USD.

Thanks for the option guys. Was getting excited about the prospect of cheaper shipping but that's spot on price I was given with Shipping to Australia.

The bars are around 5kg per set, and so far I can get 2 shipped to Australia for around 200USD (a saving of $50 per set).

Waiting on an answer back on shipping of 3-5 sets.

He's also offered to send it via 'simple post', which will be a lot cheaper, just not sure how long it will take.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
another option is have one of us here in the U.S.A ship them to you, the postal service here has "flat rate" boxes, they start at $4, just an idea.
Shipping from US to Aus is not cheap...... $50 was quoted to get grip puppies here, and that's without the cost of the puppies :eek:

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
He's also offered to send it via 'simple post', which will be a lot cheaper, just not sure how long it will take.

Ooh that could be the way to go. I figure even if it takes weeks, I've gone years without them so far, I can wait a little while longer if it saves me a hundred or so in shipping. They are by far my favorite of the crash bars available. Tucked in closer possibly allowing a chin fairing, and access to the oil filter? Yes please.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the option guys. Was getting excited about the prospect of cheaper shipping but that's spot on price I was given with Shipping to Australia.

The bars are around 5kg per set, and so far I can get 2 shipped to Australia for around 200USD (a saving of $50 per set).

Waiting on an answer back on shipping of 3-5 sets.

Keep us posted...am watching this with anticipation....a set of these on my touring FZ6 would be just lovely.

:thumbup:

alexiano

Reaction score
Visit site
According to Mikhail from crazy iron, but according to what he's saying, it's considerably cheaper for a single set, but multiples makes it more worthwhile using EMS.

Any thoughts?

I think that delivery by russian post is the cheapest way for you. russian post dot ru

the cost for:
4 kg is 85 $ USA
6 kg - 120$
8 kg - 150$
10 kg - 183$

Max weight of 1 place is 20 kg.
Weight of one set of guards is 3,4 kg.
So you can culculate cost of delivery yourself.
Unfortunately Its problem to estimate time of delivery. I think its 1 month about.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, I totally missed that thread somehow. So even with the slower shipping we are still looking at ~$120 just to ship since they are around 5kg. :(

5kg's sounds "heavy" to me! They must be made out of some pretty heavy metal!

:confused:

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Any link to why oggy's aren't good for the FZ6?
I have them and while I haven't had a major incident, they did a great job when my bike fell over.

I'd personally prefer to buy Australian when I can just because we have much higher standards here than many other places.

(Edit: 5kg is also insane.... where is that coming from? Pretty sure mine would be less than 2kg including rear axle armour)

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
These are full crash bars, not just sliders/Oggy knobs. 5kg might still be a bit heavy, I was just going off what was mentioned earlier. It very well may be shipping weight. A big reason I want them is I have been down with my sliders, and while they prevented much damage to the bike, they also took out some of the threads in the mounting hole. I would avoid this if at all possible, which means crash bars as they slide on the bars in event of a wreck. Of all the bars out there, the Crazy Iron ones are the only ones that have access to the oil filter/drain and hopefully:sinister: are high enough to allow a chin fairing.

BamBam77

Old but still riding
Reaction score
Visit site
These are full crash bars, not just sliders/Oggy knobs. 5kg might still be a bit heavy, I was just going off what was mentioned earlier. It very well may be shipping weight. A big reason I want them is I have been down with my sliders, and while they prevented much damage to the bike, they also took out some of the threads in the mounting hole. I would avoid this if at all possible, which means crash bars as they slide on the bars in event of a wreck. Of all the bars out there, the Crazy Iron ones are the only ones that have access to the oil filter/drain and hopefully:sinister: are high enough to allow a chin fairing.

I had been wondering if sliders didn't cause so damage in a crash, still better than hitting ground :thumbup: