corroded bolts

tosh23

Reaction score
Visit site
The bike has taken a winter battering...
Is there anyone that sells a shiny new bolt kit for the s2 in the uk ??

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
The bike has taken a winter battering...
Is there anyone that sells a shiny new bolt kit for the s2 in the uk ??
Pro bolt. Google it. It's pricey. You can just work out the sizes you need and buy cheap bags of bolts on Ebay if you know the size. I'd recommend stainless steel as alloy bolts round really easily (unless you really have to have the bling factor of coloured bolts) and titanium is very pricey!

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
Pro bolt. Google it. It's pricey. You can just work out the sizes you need and buy cheap bags of bolts on Ebay if you know the size. I'd recommend stainless steel as alloy bolts round really easily (unless you really have to have the bling factor of coloured bolts) and titanium is very pricey!

Pretty solid advice... I've looked at their bolt kits, and they're freakin' stupid expensive. Maybe without the exchange rate and across the pond shipping they're better over there, but I kinda doubt it.

I'd grab some tools and a thread gage, and go to town. I replaced a lot of my hardware with SS from the local hardware store, I was lucky to have one with an awesome metric and stainless selection, but buying them there is still pretty expensive. If you want to do a bunch at once, I'd get to making a list of thread size/length/head style. I dunno what you guys have over there that would be like Fastenal, but they've got decent prices for small quantities, probably half what I was paying locally, and better selection too.

Just keep in mind that SS bolts aren't the strongest things in the world. I wouldn't recommend using them where a graded (8.8 or 10.9) bolt is called for. There's also a small handful of bolts there that you'll probably never find in the general market, like the big, fine-pitch bolts for the front calipers. Most of the bolts on the controls and the sides of the engine are pretty standard, though.