Convertion to fz6n. Need kit.

jtsharps

Reaction score
Visit site
That's because I didn't take a photo straight on. ;)

When I would ride it it was super obvious that it was crooked. It wasn't where it would mount that made it crooked, it was that the headlight stay was welded together crooked and couldn't be adjusted.

Now that I look closer I see there's a few different kits on Ebay. Do you know which one you got right off hand? Seller name? They do look a little different as far as the mounting bracket.

Chapin

Reaction score
Visit site
Now that I look closer I see there's a few different kits on Ebay. Do you know which one you got right off hand? Seller name? They do look a little different as far as the mounting bracket.
I think the sellers name from ebay was motor-uk. But it was being shipped from China like every other kit. I dont think it has anything to do with the brackets that make it crooked. Its a manufacturing defect on the headlight. Too bad Yamaha dosnt just sell a fz6n conversion kit.
My first bike was completely naked and I did lots of long distance riding on it. It does get tiring after awhile because you have no protection from all the wind hitting you. Makes your arms really tired. That being said I still did lots of long rides on it. Not like its impossible.
There is a difference with the fairing on the fz6. Makes long distance much more enjoyable. The only thing that gets sore is my ass!.
Best of luck. If you find a good fitting kit please let me know!

Last edited:

upshiftoverdrive

Reaction score
Visit site

I just installed the naked kit today, I can confirm that the main headlight mount is a major piece of trash. I spent about 45 minutes swearing and attempting to bend the mount with two pairs of pliers but there is just no way. It is definitely a problem with the metal mount. Like thisisbenji said, it's most noticeable when you are on the bike. The setup looks pretty good otherwise from the side viewing angles. The actual headlight itself is of pretty good quality. Other than a a couple scratches that it came with, I was impressed with the OEM-like quality. I'm going to be selling the headlight and side panels soon and just reusing the speedo mount and speedo cover if somebody wants to try to get lucky with the kit. I'm not sure if all the headlight mounts are off but it could be.

upshiftoverdrive

Reaction score
Visit site
2c503622b61b8d724c443eb37bc4128c.jpg
f13f9825e55b908f3de2875ac0a38208.jpg
4facd47bc723d9e3829c9e9f61d4c3af.jpg
194a307bdb1c7dcc10975383b0e89227.jpg

Here is the best(straightest) I was able to get the eBay naked kit. I don't think it looks too bad. Put an amber pod into the top slot of the headlight assy, it didn't come with that.

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
Had to change my FZ1 headlight as it got damaged (no accident, just stupidity) and decided to give the eBay FZ6n headlight kit a shot. I already had the speedo OEM back cover. I was expecting to have some trouble aligning everything based on the comments in this thread but hold and behold, it fits beautifully and is perfectly straight. I am quite OCD in that regards and I can confirm that the mount is fine and everything is perfectly aligned. It is a very tight fit but that's probably how it is supposed to be. The bolts that came with the kit are completely useless and the gromets had to be cut to get the spacing right. I already had a bunch of bolts that came in handy. The most important parts - the headlight, the stay and the mini fairings are perfect, which are the most important parts.

I don't know why others have had trouble fitting it in. You got to make sure that the stay is placed properly, and that the cables are routed so that the stay can fit as it is supposed to. I haven't had to adjust anything on the stay at all.

DSC_0298.jpgDSC_0297.jpgDSC_0300.jpgDSC_0296.jpg

Chapin

Reaction score
Visit site
Had to change my FZ1 headlight as it got damaged (no accident, just stupidity) and decided to give the eBay FZ6n headlight kit a shot. I already had the speedo OEM back cover. I was expecting to have some trouble aligning everything based on the comments in this thread but hold and behold, it fits beautifully and is perfectly straight. I am quite OCD in that regards and I can confirm that the mount is fine and everything is perfectly aligned. It is a very tight fit but that's probably how it is supposed to be. The bolts that came with the kit are completely useless and the gromets had to be cut to get the spacing right. I already had a bunch of bolts that came in handy. The most important parts - the headlight, the stay and the mini fairings are perfect, which are the most important parts.

I don't know why others have had trouble fitting it in. You got to make sure that the stay is placed properly, and that the cables are routed so that the stay can fit as it is supposed to. I haven't had to adjust anything on the stay at all.

View attachment 67202View attachment 67203View attachment 67204View attachment 67205

Thanks for posting, man. You must be the first person Ive seen get the ebay kit straight! Ill keep thinking over the winter if I want to get it. Just wish everyone's fit as well as yours.

Divadb3788

Reaction score
Visit site
Do u have a link for the kit I have the round headlight but really want to go fz6n head light or fz1 bike is an fz6 s 2005 with round cluster

Attachments

• 157437EE-2BE3-4FB2-8AF6-CA661B0B9CE8.jpeg
    157437EE-2BE3-4FB2-8AF6-CA661B0B9CE8.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 3