Conti Attacks going on tomorrow! Woohoo!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, good riding weather aint far off, and i need some decent Sports rubber to replace my current semi sport - semi touring tyre set up ( Pilot Power 2CT on the front, Pilot Road 2CT on the rear) which has served me well, on my many long trips earlier this year...

So i thought of getting Pilot Power 2CT's front & back, as they grip like poop to a blanket in Sport mode, but felt like a change...time to try something different, and i have heard so many good things about Conti's, I thought it might be time to grab myself some of Conti's sticky hoops for the spring riding season....

Well tomorrow i am getting set of Conti Sport Attacks fitted, 120/70 ZR rated front, 180/55 ZR rated rear....it's the stickiest road trye they do, before moving up to the super sticky, not road legal, Race Attacks.

Best part is, after being quoted $560 fitted & balanced at 3 different shops, i managed to get them for the awesome price of $465 fitted & balanced, from our friends at Maxi Moto....awesome!

Now it's just a case of scrubbing them in, and going for a decent blat...now that my front end is straight again.......which is another thread all in itself!

Here's a picture of the new hoops i am talking about.

View attachment 20159

And here's a link to some info on these tyres.

Continental Motorcycle Tyres -ContiSportAttack

:Sport:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I tried different tire compounds on the front and rear like you mentioned and I agree the handling sucks when I want to push it.....I put a Metzler sport tech touring tire on the rear to get more milage out of it and left the Dunlop Sport Max on the front because it still had plenty of rubber left,and it totally changed my bike in corners....The rear will get loose realy easy while the front stay's planted causing a drifting sensation that I don't care for...I will keep a matching set of sport tires on it from now on...I'm going with Full Bore tires..next month..I can get a realy good deal on them at Shreveport motor sports...:D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I tried different tire compounds on the front and rear like you mentioned and I agree the handling sucks when I want to push it.....I put a Metzler sport tech touring tire on the rear to get more milage out of it and left the Dunlop Sport Max on the front because it still had plenty of rubber left,and it totally changed my bike in corners....The rear will get loose realy easy while the front stay's planted causing a drifting sensation that I don't care for...I will keep a matching set of sport tires on it from now on...I'm going with Full Bore tires..next month..I can get a realy good deal on them at Shreveport motor sports...:D

Have never heard or seen Full Bore Tyres.....until i just googled them, obviously we dont have these tyres as an option in Australia....

matching tyres do help, but in defence of my last set up, if i had a soft sticky rear on the bike while is was touring, i would of had a square rear tyre real quick....and handling is not such a huge priority when yu are doing 100's and 100's of kilometres on dead straight roads....:(

i plan to stay away from straight roads for a while...:sinister:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i plan to stay away from straight roads for a while...:sinister:

LOL....Evil things they are....hurt your tires, they do. Remove your smile and make your bum sore. Much better off without them...lol.:rockon::thumbup::cheer::D

Cheers
Mike

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL....Evil things they are....hurt your tires, they do. Remove your smile and make your bum sore. Much better off without them...lol.:rockon::thumbup::cheer::D

Cheers
Mike

Now who would of expected you to say something like this......funny thing is, even your house is on a twisty bit of road!

:rockon:

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man i just had another look at the Conti Race Attack tyres....sweet things...but maybe just a little too track focused for everyday use...but still it was tempting for about 5 minutes to go the "full biscuit"!

:eek:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man i just had another look at the Conti Race Attack tyres....sweet things...but maybe just a little too track focused for everyday use...but still it was tempting for about 5 minutes to go the "full biscuit"!

:eek:

Those Race attack streets will get you in trouble..lol...the filth will try the old,"Tread doesn't go out to the edge of the tire" routine on you...lol.

Also you do get some water on the road around your place even in the dry, and dry weather tires, cold with water on the road doesn't sound user friendly...lol.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Those Race attack streets will get you in trouble..lol...the filth will try the old,"Tread doesn't go out to the edge of the tire" routine on you...lol.

Also you do get some water on the road around your place even in the dry, and dry weather tires, cold with water on the road doesn't sound user friendly...lol.

I said tempting.....gonna stick with the Sport Attacks...have just been reading up on them, and a few reviews...interesting fact, these tyres were designed by the same guy who designed the Pirelli Diablo range...

Lots of very positive feedback out there for these tyres...

Contisport Attack Radial Motorcycle Tires - Product Review - Motorcyclist Magazine

.: Contenental Sport Attack | Review | Canyon Chasers Motorcycle Sport Touring :.

4 Reviews for Continental Sport Attack Tires

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Conti Sport Attacks are on....look awesome, have not had a chance to scrub them in though, no time for a ride today, other than from the workshop to Maxi's, and back....

Am looking to get out on Friday Arvo at the earliest....

Cant wait!

Straight bike, new tyres, front & back....might just do the oil before i go for that scrubbing in ride....it is due!