Considering selling the FZ6, but then what?

Dresnewtoy

Reaction score
Visit site
Want to hear your opinions:
I'm considering letting the FZ6 go and try something else. The top end rush of the 6 is awesome, but how often do you get to actually give it the stick on our roads? I've hit triple digit speeds once since I've had it. To me the 6 doesn't like to be ridden slow, and I'm wanting something a little less manic.

I don't want a cruiser. A cruiser would be too heavy to maneuver in my shed. I would love to get another 4 cylinder as I love the bark of the 4.

I'm considering a FZ6r, but I've never ridden one and it doesn't look as high quality as the 6. I looked at the specs of the GSX650F and it's way heavy.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks all.

bdevries

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm considering letting the FZ6 go and try something else. The top end rush of the 6 is awesome, but how often do you get to actually give it the stick on our roads? I've hit triple digit speeds once since I've had it. To me the 6 doesn't like to be ridden slow, and I'm wanting something a little less manic.

I don't want a cruiser. A cruiser would be too heavy to maneuver in my shed. I would love to get another 4 cylinder as I love the bark of the 4.

I'm considering a FZ6r, but I've never ridden one and it doesn't look as high quality as the 6. I looked at the specs of the GSX650F and it's way heavy.

Thanks all.

If you like the bark and speed of the FZ6's engine, I wouldn't recommend the FZ6R. Its not the same bike at all.

The z1000 looks pretty comfortable:thumbup:

Kayufa

Reaction score
Visit site
Same dilemma here. I am thinking FZ9. It's almost the natural answer. So it's missing a cylinder, being a triple, yet produces a fine sound.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Another vote for FZ9. Significantly more low end grunt.. no need to wind it up at all. Torque is always there. Makes fantastic noise with aftermarket can and with very minor modding is a great machine overall.

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
As above have said, a triple is more low down power. I've just bought a Triumph Speed Triple :)
Others to look at are Twins or even a single cylinder bike. All have different power deliveries.
I do like the IL4 and how they rev like fook but agree there are few places on the road to really enjoy them without having the law giving you points and taking money!

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Another vote for FZ9. Significantly more low end grunt.. no need to wind it up at all. Torque is always there. Makes fantastic noise with aftermarket can and with very minor modding is a great machine overall.

What he said.....

JayyVee

IT Overlord
Reaction score
Visit site

Thanks all.

FZ-09 or the new FJ-09 we've heard rumors about (Faired 09) seems like the path to upgrade to me. If you're leaving the FZ6 for power/torque/fun needs - I don't think the 6r will make you happy. :(

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
Anything but a FZ6R mate. Nice bike but it will be a downgrade for you. FZ09 will be a better upgrade and bang for the $ it's hard to beat!

Love my 09 and I have no regret. I saw the new Z1K yesterday... that thing look mean!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
What about the Suzuki SV650 or SV1000? There's something quite pleasurable about having full engine torque at only 3-5K rpms. V-Twins make more sense for most street riding because of the lower revving, low end power they make. If you want a rush the higher the RPMS climb then stick with a inline 4 or triple.