Considering a new Bike!!

ecudoc

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all!

I'm considering getting a new(ish) bike was wondering if anyone knew a ballpark estimate as to what the difference is in insurance. We all know the FZ6 is 600cc's, and I am considering moving up to a 2009 Buell 1125r. Currently my insurance is below 100 bucks per month, im not exactly sure how much but I know its under 100.

Any and all help is much appreciated! :thumbup:

sjk625

Reaction score
Visit site
I would try an insurance website, a lot of them have online quotes and you can input a false name and information in order to obtain a ballpark estimate.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, get a quote through progressive.
I pay $250/year for full coverage for FZ6. I got a quote from them for FZ1... SAME price :O

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just came off the 09 R1 (binned it) My with no accidents was over $1000 a year. On the SV1000s now and my insurance (new insurance carrier) rates are $300plus a year. You'll get different quotes and who you are as well as type and amount of coverage will drastically vary the quote you receive.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Fuel injection issues were solved in the latest maps... they even fixed most of the heat issues too if what I hear is correct. Pete just had a LOT of bad luck with that bike (and tried to mod it a lot as well)...

About the OP's insurance question: insurance prices can double or triple or even worse depending on where you live, who your carrier is, your personal driving record, your age, etc etc etc... so as mentioned above, call your current carrier and a couple of other ones and get quotes. It'll take you 20 minutes.