company not honoring lifetime warranty!

cbzdel

Reaction score
Visit site
Just a little vent...

Last year I bought a set of HID headlights for my car from an online vendor.. The website says they came with a lifetime warranty, and it came with a little lifetime warranty card, and pretty much "life time warranty" is plastered everywhere on everything..

Well one of the ballast just burned out so I contacted the company and mentioned I had a dead part and wanted a new one..

I get this reply:

"I regret to inform you, due to the current economic downturn I am no longer warranting the products that I currently offer, and have offered in the past. I am sorry for any inconvenience, if you wish to purchase replacements parts I will offer these at a discounted rate due to the circumstances of the situation, you may contact me for further details."

WTF!!! I cant be to pissed because I can but another one on eBay for $25 or so (quality will probably be the same haha) but this is just BS in my book!

Makes me want to drive up to to his place of residence and personally get a replacement :rant:

cbzdel

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, talk about getting the :Flip:, go find him and chuck that ballast through his window. Get your next set for DDM Tuning.:thumbup:

Thats where I bought my newest full set from, heard many good things about them.. This kit I was talking about is on the womans daily driver, an 03 Jetta which we hate, its a lemon and we just want to get out from the loan and get it gone!!! Seems like something new is wrong every month!

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
Report them to the better business bureau, and tell him you are going to do that. He might at least give you your money back. Even if he doesnt give you anything in return its a nice :Flip::Flip::Flip: to that shop

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
TThis kit I was talking about is on the womans daily driver, an 03 Jetta which we hate, its a lemon and we just want to get out from the loan and get it gone!!! Seems like something new is wrong every month!

Not distract from your original thread topic, but I feel where you are coming from with the Jetta. I HAD an 02 Jetta I bought it used with (40K) on the clock....here is how the next year went:

43K - Water pump blew all over the highway - $900 to fix
48K - Timing belt blew...should have been changed with the water pump - $550 to replace
52K front rotors warped.....$250
56K front rotors warped - $250
59K front rotors warped - $250
63K front rotors warped....AGAIN..I went to the dealer flaming mad, I asked what kind of junk are they putting in my German automobile? They said "You must abuse the car":eek: I responded "BullS**t, your advertisement says "Drivers Wanted"....with some kid slinging his jetta sideways" Give me a break! The car was a standard..I use the gears not brakes!
I drove off and replaced the rotors and pads with Brembo rotors and some aftermarket pads...$350
60K the engine light came on......2x O2 sensors and a cat converter - $1200
62K.....Sold that POS and bought a new 2008 Subaru Legacy GT....I love it.

Good luck...get out of that car as fast as you can!:eek:

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
Perhaps his lifetime warrenty was for the lifetime of a moth, that's about to expire to to ill health??

I don't see how ecconomic downturn can be used as an excuse to weasel out of it at all. Sure they may be going through hard times, but does that mean that the advert should be worded "lifetime warrenty when we are making money, otherwise :Flip: " I'd insist on them honouring it tbh.

Certainly wouldn't go down well with trading standards in the UK.

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
Not distract from your original thread topic, but I feel where you are coming from with the Jetta. I HAD an 02 Jetta I bought it used with (40K) on the clock....here is how the next year went:

43K - Water pump blew all over the highway - $900 to fix
48K - Timing belt blew...should have been changed with the water pump - $550 to replace
52K front rotors warped.....$250
56K front rotors warped - $250
59K front rotors warped - $250
63K front rotors warped....AGAIN..I went to the dealer flaming mad, I asked what kind of junk are they putting in my German automobile? They said "You must abuse the car":eek: I responded "BullS**t, your advertisement says "Drivers Wanted"....with some kid slinging his jetta sideways" Give me a break! The car was a standard..I use the gears not brakes!
I drove off and replaced the rotors and pads with Brembo rotors and some aftermarket pads...$350
60K the engine light came on......2x O2 sensors and a cat converter - $1200
62K.....Sold that POS and bought a new 2008 Subaru Legacy GT....I love it.

Good luck...get out of that car as fast as you can!:eek:

VW's are either great or they are the worst cars imaginable - highest lemon-percentage of any manufacturer

I'm pretty sure legally the guy has to honor lifetime warranties that were in place at the time of the sale. Report him to the BBB, and if he doesn't get his act together, take him to court.

cbzdel

Reaction score
Visit site
He is still toting the same Life Time warranty on his products.. The problem is his business is located right across the border from me, (2 hour drive from my place lol) in Vancouver B.C., so I am not sure the BBB will be able to help me :(