coming to america

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Less than 10 weeks to go oooohohoonhohhohohohohohhohohohohohohhohohoho soon get to meet some of you across the water

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
Just saw this thread.

If you're visiting the Grand Canyon, you should also come to Flagstaff, the closest hub/tourist town. Great historic downtown, and also real close to other stuff (best twisty road in the southwest!)

Let me know and I can take a few hours and show you around. If you have a day free, that will give you plenty of time to check out Flagstaff and Sedona/Jerome, definite must sees if you're in the area.

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The day we are doing the grand caynon is by air from vegas, we are splurgging and doing a heli tour with sundance helicopters. How long a trip is it from vegas to flagstaff????

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
We have a car for the first 2 days there and were planning on doing the hoover dam which was going to be on the 9th or 10 th of may being sunday and monday let me talk to the missus and get back to you from google maps your area looks like a green haven in the middle of some harsh country. What if we came south from vegas then came in from the west how long would that take?

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The Grand Canyon is like 200 miles long, there are many points in which you can do the Canyon thingy. The trip that Jules will be taking departs from the Las Vegas Airport and lands ontop or below the West Rim of the Grand Canyon depending on which tour you do, in his case, will do both. It's is runned by the Hualapai Indians as this part of the canyon is tribal land. A 45 minute flight by helicopter, 2 hour drive by car.

There is also the South Rim which is operated by the National Parks Service which is from the Flagstaff area, and also the North Rim, which I have no idea how to get there from there.

I've been to all three rims and they all pretty much look the same. A big gigantic ditch. But very impressive.

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
We have a car for the first 2 days there and were planning on doing the hoover dam which was going to be on the 9th or 10 th of may being sunday and monday let me talk to the missus and get back to you from google maps your area looks like a green haven in the middle of some harsh country. What if we came south from vegas then came in from the west how long would that take?

If you went south then west in a straight line it would be about 5 and a half hours (Going through Searchlight, NV and then Bullhead City). Heading through the hoover dam is faster on the road, but the security and traffic backup might might it just as long.

Flagstaff is definitely an oasis in the desert. If you do find time to make it down here, you will not regret it. Plus there is also the red rocks of Sedona just south of us, and the ghost town Jerome (great little biking/artist community) Just wish I had told you earlier.

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry kenny but want to beat the crowds. 4 to5 hour drive each way i think will unfortunately be out of the question. We have 30 days over there and no where near enough time i have organised ever day, but wish i had another 30 days to play with.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So lay out your itinerary for us!

When & Where & What you'll be doing. I'm sure it has been revised many times, but give us the latest & greatest as far as the specific details.

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok tomorrow i'll bring it in so i get all the dates correct But vegas is drive in on the 8th hoover on the 9th wedding on the 10th what ever on the 11th heli tour onthe 12th what ever on the 13th fly out at 2 am on the 14th fly into honolulu at 6am around 6 days there 1 day doing pearl harbour 1 day doing the polynessian village. The rest what ever. The rest ill post up later i cant quite get the dates straight.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
I was at Pearl Harbor in 02. Next door is a sub museum and also go over to the Mighty Mo, the Missouri Battleship where Japan surrendered. Such a huge part of WW2 history for all of us. Everyone should visit the memorial, well worth your time.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok tomorrow i'll bring it in so i get all the dates correct But vegas is drive in on the 8th hoover on the 9th wedding on the 10th what ever on the 11th heli tour onthe 12th what ever on the 13th fly out at 2 am on the 14th fly into honolulu at 6am around 6 days there 1 day doing pearl harbour 1 day doing the polynessian village. The rest what ever. The rest ill post up later i cant quite get the dates straight.

I was always puzzled on why this flight departs at this odd time. Hawaiian Air, very odd. You land, and you can't really check-in to your hotel at 7 a.m. unless you paid for the night before or maybe if the hotel isn't booked up from the night before you might be lucky enough for an early check-in.

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
We did because we pay for one less night get one more day and travel when we are sleeping ok we fly in at 9.35 21st april your time.22nd chill 23rd universal 24 chill 25 santa and venice 26th chill ( chill is shop walk of fame tar pits possibly finding a wedding dress) 27th midday get on the train to san diego 28th 29th 30th sea world nccoder and maybe chill but im sure there will be fine company and fine food. (nudge nudge) 1st may train to anahiem through to the 8th lots of disney knotts shops and again maybe wedding dress shopping( i find it so hard to find things in my size)lololol oh i crack myself up. 8th drive to vegas at midday so should get in about 5 and then start sweating about the wedding.