Clutch slippage?

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
So a weird thing happened to me today. I was waiting at the front at a light on somewhat of an incline. As the light turned green I wanted to take off quickly so I revved it a little high in the rpms and let the clutch out a little quickly, but not very. There was this weird sound of scraping/grinding for what must have been a fraction of a second. I can only imagine that the clutch must have slipped. Maybe because I was starting on a hill and there was too much stress because of the incline? What do you guys think it was? Should I be worried about this?:confused:

Texperkin

Reaction score
Visit site
No, scraping and grinding sounds are completely normal :thumbup:

Sorry, couldn't resist. I'd definitely get it looked at.

Z

Zealadin

Sometimes that will happen if your not quite in gear (or it drops back a gear under heavy acceleration), do you put it into nuetral when you stop at lights?
The incline shouldn't be too much for it though, maybe you where in second gear and didn't realise? Has happened to me a few times, rather embarrasing (not the bad noise part though).

Probably best to get it looked at like Texperkin said, at the very least maybe change your oil and filter and look for any debris?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sometimes that will happen if your not quite in gear

+1. I say you don't need to get anything checked. Keep riding and make sure you're in first as you come to full stop.
If it happens again (and you know you were in first, with gear fully engaged) THEN get it checked out.

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys! As Zealadin suggested I might not have been properly in gear. I did come to a stop rather quckly (filtering) and I remember that I wanted to double check that it was all the way in first since I didn't feel that clunk, but the light changed before I was able to. Neutral light was not on though so I'm guessing that it was right in between gears. Had no other issues on the way home.

Last edited: