Clutch Slave Levers - I'm making them again

toddler

Reaction score
Visit site
I moved further away from my office and now have a longer commute that I must say I'm really enjoying on my FZ6. I ride rain or shine. Discovered after a week though that my left forearm was sore ~ like playing a long tennis game. Determined that it was the added daily "clutching". Found this thread on our forum (of course) and had to experience this mod. Bought new parts from gearhead.com. Then contacted Aero Welding in Culver City (close to my office) and "Dave" the owner and master fabricator really hooked me up. I showed him several of the pics from this thread and he turned them around in a week. Looking forward to installing them this weekend and joining the ranks of relaxed, satisfied FZ6 riders.

Parts from GearHead.com:
5VX-16340-00-00 ~ PUSH LEVER ASSY
5VX-15441-00-00 ~ HOLDER, CLUTCH CABLE

AERO Welding & Mfg. in Culver City California:
http://www.aerowelding-mfg.com/

Last edited:
Y

yourebarred

A CAD drawing would be great Kn. That way we who are too late could still order the parts and get someone local to do the weld

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

homeym3

Reaction score
Visit site
I moved further away from my office and now have a longer commute that I must say I'm really enjoying on my FZ6. I ride rain or shine. Discovered after a week though that my left forearm was sore ~ like playing a long tennis game. Determined that it was the added daily "clutching". Found this thread on our forum (of course) and had to experience this mod. Bought new parts from gearhead.com. Then contacted Aero Welding in Culver City (close to my office) and "Dave" the owner and master fabricator really hooked me up. I showed him several of the pics from this thread and he turned them around in a week. Looking forward to installing them this weekend and joining the ranks of relaxed, satisfied FZ6 riders.

Parts from GearHead.com:
5VX-16340-00-00 ~ PUSH LEVER ASSY
5VX-15441-00-00 ~ HOLDER, CLUTCH CABLE

AERO Welding & Mfg. in Culver City California:
aerowelding-mfg.com

Hi !

Do you, or can you supply any extras ? Seems many are interested, including myself.

Thanks !

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Or the drawings~?

KN offered the drawings/ spec's, several pages back for free.

The biggest issue I see was how he was making the longer arm. The longer arm is simply welded to the original cut off, splined base. Probably used a jig to MIG weld everything together.

The rest of it was simply welding similar sized tubing (to hold the cable out slightly).

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm trying to locate someone around here that will make the splined hub rather than buying the dang thing and grinding it down. Has to be cheaper to make one. Same thing for the holder.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm trying to locate someone around here that will make the splined hub rather than buying the dang thing and grinding it down. Has to be cheaper to make one. Same thing for the holder.

It'll cost you WAY more to have someone make that piece than to just buy new and mod it... Or use an old one(he was taking in old ones in exchange).

If someone wants the specifics, as posted just earlier, he offered it to anyone who wanted to take it over.. PM him and you'll be a very busy guy..

POST 1134:

QUOTE from KN:
"Maybe I can start this up again this winter if another group of people want to jump in. And if someone is a decent fabricator, knows how to tig weld, has a few tools (lathe, tig welder, grinder, BFH, etc), and has a lot more free time than I do, I wouldn't mind giving away the jigs, tools, and the cad drawing for the lever blank for someone else to take the reins."

Last edited:

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
I know he's busy with his Turbo project.

I'm busy with a lot of stuff right now. My brother is moving out of my house to Chicago this weekend, I'm trying to get my CTS-V running again (I just put it back together only to figure out it has no oil pressure, most likely caused by improper main bearing clearances by the engine builder), working on some home improvement projects and remodeling, helping my dad put a pool at his house, working on the FZ6, and working a full time job. Things are pretty hectic for me right now, but I promise that once my slate is a little cleaner I'm going to make another run of these.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey killer i have a slave lever and bracket that i can send FOC I'll cover shipping too et me know when they'll come in handy and I'll whack'em in the mail

PM ME
Cheers

Btw i love this mod its gotta be up there on a par with rear sets but if there was only one to choose- this is the best for novices, newbies, and experinced riders too - changes the FZ to a different type of ride