Clutch Slave Levers - I'm making them again

cmantis

Reaction score
Visit site
The clutch slave lever operates the clutch engagement at the engine. When you squeeze the clutch lever at the bars, it pulls on the slave lever at the engine to disengage the clutch.

This modification extends the length of the slave lever, giving it a longer path of travel. By doing this, you modify how long the bike is in the friction zone. Longer slave lever = bigger friction zone = smoother starting and shifting.

Also, ordered the parts from Partzilla, shipped to KN, and Paypal money sent.

I actually like the short friction zone as I just have to blip the clutch to shift does this eliminate that? Also does it make it easier to pull. My friend hates it says it hurts her hand after 20 minutes.

DarkNinja75

Professional Poster
Reaction score
Visit site
I actually like the short friction zone as I just have to blip the clutch to shift does this eliminate that? Also does it make it easier to pull. My friend hates it says it hurts her hand after 20 minutes.

The friction zone will still be small, just not AS small. It'll be closer to your average bike's friction zone. I doubt it will make the lever easier to pull, but the clutch on this bike is pretty easy to pull as-is. Your friend should work on improving her grip strength.

sheltiedave

Reaction score
Visit site
Just a quick question , are these the parts required for the modification ?

Does anyone know if KN is still doing the modification , or what the process is to sending the parts out to him ( I'm in the UK ) or wait untill he says he's doing another batch ?

Cheers , Dave

mannydiller

Reaction score
Visit site
i know you tend to do these in batches, KN... whenever you're rolling with the next set, i'm in definitely. i'll keep an eye out on this thread.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just a quick question , are these the parts required for the modification ?

Does anyone know if KN is still doing the modification , or what the process is to sending the parts out to him ( I'm in the UK ) or wait untill he says he's doing another batch ?

Cheers , Dave
Yes Dave, those are the two parts you would need to supply.
Its a great MOD, well worth doing if you want to give yourself a longer friction zone

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I just wanted to get you guys back up to speed on my situation. Right now, I'm only getting cores in for about 30% of the parts I send out, so again I'm begging you to send your cores back in! I've still got guys from the beginning of the year who have been waiting for your precious parts! I'm pretty sure OEM parts suppliers are being choked by this again because it seems like they're slow to deliver the goods too.

Right now I seem to get about a set of cores every week if I'm lucky. Usually not though. I do, however, still have a decent turnaround time of a couple days when I get parts in. I just wrapped up a couple and will be shipping them out tomorrow, but again, I desperately need parts to fill orders!

Thanks!

philz

Reaction score
Visit site

mannydiller

Reaction score
Visit site
i got the parts in from partzilla and am looking to forward on to KN... this is the information i have... can anyone who recently had this mod done tell me how much KN is charging to make the modification to the lever? thx.

Reini Grauer
7417 Stone Mountain Ct
Charlotte NC 28262

[email protected]

edit: got an email back from reini saying it's still the usual $50, if anyone new to this mod was curious.

Last edited:

cmantis

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got mine and was wondering does this make it easier to pull the clutch or just change friction zone? My girl hates the clutch so dunno if I need to replace the cable also. Did just lube it and its a little better but still tough.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A longer slave lever means that any pull on your clutch lever at the bars translates into less movement of the clutch, that is, less rotation of the pivot the slave lever is attached to. So if it used to take you 30% of a pull on the lever at the bars to disengage your clutch, it now would take something more, for example 50% (just making those numbers up as an example).

A longer slave lever also technically increases the torque your slave lever applies to the pivot at the clutch per force applied to the clutch handle at the bar. It might make the pull easier, though I would expect it to be a small difference.