Clutch Slave Levers - I'm making them again

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm from Australia. Will the OP post overseas? Is there a new batch being created? If so, put my name down!

Yes, KN posts overseas. I live in S.A. and got mine a couple of weeks ago!

KN has also indicated he's doing another batch.

Find KillerNoodle in this thread and send your interest via PM.

And just so you know, you may think you want these - but after fitting them on my bike and seeing the dramatic difference, I know you do!

Cheers,
Rick

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
I've only received 3 lever sets in so far, those 3 guys just got their $20 core refund. Come on guys! Send me your old stuff back so I can make another batch for the next guys! :rockon:

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_J3fE66kQs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_J3fE66kQs[/ame]

Just a quick video showing how to put the lever on so you don't have any troubles adjusting the play in the lever. This is with the previous version of the lever (I don't even have the new one on my bike :)) but the installation procedure is the exact same.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
If anyone else has cores, I need them asap! Please be kind to your fellow FZers and ship cores back, that is the only way we can keep this thing going!

Jonohoff

Reaction score
Visit site
can someone clue me on in what i need to do to get in on this? I admit I am too lazy to read 74 pages of posts.

What address do I need to send my part to have KN do the mod? what email should I send money via paypal to? or how is payment done?

what does it mean to just send the core? just the round splined part?

KN, do you have enough parts right now that I could just pay you extra to make me one instead of sending mine off so that the bike isn't out of commission while I wait?

Thanks for any help guys. I'm new to this forum and getting in on this mod was my initial motivation to join and still is my primary, but I feel like I'm at the back of a huge crowd at a press conference simply trying to find out how to ask questions.

KN I sent you a PM but I know your super busy and overwhelmed with demand here.

If I need to send the lever and bracket in and have the bike out of commission in the mean time that's fine. I don't have any extra parts or cores or brackets or anything like that... just the ones that came on the bike when I got it, but I will gladly send them if that's whats needed to have this done. someone please just let me know what to do.

thanks

PS: I would rather pay by some electronic means than send money with the part If that is possible. I have had money stolen presumably by postal workers and would not like to have it happen again.

EDIT: found the info i was looking for. KN I will be sending you the payment and parts sometime tomorrow. I'm assuming by how recently other posts about this have been made that you are still making them. If this is not the case, can someone say so? I will check before I put anything in the mail or payments out.

Last edited:

Jonohoff

Reaction score
Visit site
Sent you 70 bucks via paypal KN,

as stated in the payment I will get you my core (I'm guessing that means original parts by context clues) with a copy of the paypal receipt as soon as I get the modded ones.

Thanks a lot I can't wait to make this modification!

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For all those wondering about buying new parts and having them shipped directly to KN, I did exactly that, and new only cost me $26inc shipping to KN.

For the sake of $26 or so, is it really worth taking your bits off and sending them to KN?

I did it because the bits were not available from any wreckers, and I needed mine on my bike, as it's a commuter.

Food for thought.

Cheers,
Rick

EDIT:From a couple of pages ago:
As I discovered on page 14, you can order the parts, new, from PowerSports Plus and get them shipped to KN for $26 including postage!

If you specify the following address, the parts will be sent from the store, direct to KN!

Ship to:
Reini Grauer
7417 Stone Mountain Ct
Charlotte, NC 28262

Paypal address is [email protected]
Price is $50 to have your parts modified.
MAKE SURE YOUR FORUM USERNAME AND MAILING ADDRESS IS IN THE PAYPAL POST!!!

Much, much easier than taking yours off and posted to him, and that way, your bike is still on the road whilst they're made!

Cheers,
Rick

P.S. PowerSports Plus link is for actual parts, with correct part numbers!

Last edited:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I got my parts from a wreckers here in Melbourne and scoured a few more wreckers for Rick^, here in Melb to no avail.

(Parts from wreckers seem a bit exxy, I was quoted 200 skins for an 04 seat. I ended up buying one from a member on the forum for $40 and now its getting a full mod but thats for another thread and pics when its done) sorry for the hi-jack

Back to the levers
I ended up paying $40 i think, so maybe more than I needed to for US sourced parts. It was gonna cost me about $80 aus to buy new here.
I think postage from here to the US is about $10-$15 (cant remember exactly), but if no-one sends their parts to KN . I'll consider sending them over
Its a grouse mod

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think postage from here to the US is about $10-$15 (cant remember exactly), but if no-one sends their parts to KN . I'll consider sending them over
Its a grouse mod

See, that's the annoying thing - we could send our old parts from Oz to KN, and it'll cost about $15. For $26, you can buy brand new parts AND have them shipped direct to KN!

Oh, and as for wondering if you'll like it? I can attest you'll ABSOLUTELY like it.

It is how is should have been shipped from the factory....

Cheers,
Rick