Clutch Slave Levers - I'm making them again

edgeofnj

Reaction score
Visit site
anyone know what size the circlip is and where I could get one? I didn't have the tool and think I stretched it beyond its integrity. :spank:

BenSF

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey KN - Been trying to get in on your great mod. Ordered the slave lever & clutch cable holder parts from Ron Ayers and wanted to see when you would get your next round going? I would love send the parts to you so you'll have them. Thanks!

wx4p

Reaction score
Visit site
Received my set yesterday, installed per steps in post #628 last night using the longest position. Very happy with upgrade, noticeable improvement over stock lever, Thanks killernoodle!

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine arrived this morning at work.
Look great- pity I wont have any time til the w/end to fit them.
thanks Reini, you are an absolute gem for your work

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
Installed mine on the #3 setting. Love it. Also wd40 n lubed the cable. Sooooo nice. FYI - the locknut is not magnetic so do yourself a favor and don't drop it in the bike :x I was able to fish it out with a coat hanger, thankfully.

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
These are the 8 I shipped:

edgeofnj
boars
Popeye70
Jacs
pookamatic
wx4p
fryguy
itsallgood (1 of the 2, I'll ship the second one when its finished)

Received mine here in Oslo, Norway, today. They look excellent. Very nice work!

Won't be able to switch levers until I return from my trip to Spain, but will return the original to KN as soon as possible. Can't wait. :)

Sent from my iThingy using Tapatalk

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the last 10 done but I'm out of the little plastic washers to keep the powder coat looking fresh on the hinge. I was supposed to get 2 packs from mcmaster, but I can't find the other package anywhere. So I'll be shipping 6 out tomorrow and the last 4 will be out by Friday hopefully.

Zargof

MSF Instructor
Reaction score
Visit site
I got mine installed last night. Thanks again for such a great mod. Are you wanting the stock pieces I just removed sent back and do I need to include anything else in the envelope with them?

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
njbill
Itsallgood
charleyb
mxgolf
mave2911
Dresnewtoy*

Yours went off today.

The last 4 levers will ship as soon as I get those plastic washers from mcmaster. Usually they are super fast, I ordered them last night so I'm expecting them before the end of the week.

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
I got mine installed last night. Thanks again for such a great mod. Are you wanting the stock pieces I just removed sent back and do I need to include anything else in the envelope with them?

Nope, just whatever you have left after installing my pieces. Should be just the lever and the silver cable hanger piece. I'll process the $20 core refund whenever I get it in.

BanOne

Reaction score
Visit site
Just bought a 06 FZ6 on monday and was looking at this mod. Noticed you are shipping out the"last" of what you had. Are you planning another run of these parts in the near future. i have not read the entire 66 pages of posts so i apologize if there is something I missed.

Thanks
Doug

CADMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
Just bought a 06 FZ6 on monday and was looking at this mod. Noticed you are shipping out the"last" of what you had. Are you planning another run of these parts in the near future. i have not read the entire 66 pages of posts so i apologize if there is something I missed.

Thanks
Doug

+1 on another run if you do. You'll have two more orders.

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
HAHA, I love McMaster. I put an order for those washers in yesterday, they are already on the truck being delivered to my house today. Talk about overnight service... and that was ground shipping! :BLAA:

The last 4 levers will be shipping out tomorrow morning.

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site

Thanks
Doug

Yes, when I get the cores back from the first round of levers, I'm going to begin modifying them and selling them for $70 as a finished product. When you mount my parts on your bike, you can send me your used parts for a $20 core refund. The net amount spent comes out to be the same as the first round of guys.

I should be starting to get the levers back from the first rounders shortly. When I get enough back, I'll let everyone know in this thread.

karlj000

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, when I get the cores back from the first round of levers, I'm going to begin modifying them and selling them for $70 as a finished product. When you mount my parts on your bike, you can send me your used parts for a $20 core refund. The net amount spent comes out to be the same as the first round of guys.

I should be starting to get the levers back from the first rounders shortly. When I get enough back, I'll let everyone know in this thread.

Killernoodle: If it's all the same to you, I'd like to hold on to my stock parts. Were you counting on them? (If you were, or the return of them was somehow factored into the price, I will send them in.)

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
anyone know what size the circlip is and where I could get one? I didn't have the tool and think I stretched it beyond its integrity. :spank:

I'm going to measure it, possibly order some from mcmaster. I've taken mine off probably 30 times, it still holds on fine, I just have to compress it a little before I try to get it on the shaft. So far, it hasn't come off accidentally.

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
Killernoodle: If it's all the same to you, I'd like to hold on to my stock parts. Were you counting on them? (If you were, or the return of them was somehow factored into the price, I will send them in.)

No, you can keep them if you want. I'm not counting on everyone sending in their cores, just most people. The price of $50 is just for the modification of the parts. If I were to sell them outright, the price is $70 because the parts cost approximately $20.

BanOne

Reaction score
Visit site

Well that works for me except for the clutch lever itself which is bent. i doubt you would want it back.

Thanks
Doug