Clutch Slave Levers - I'm making them again

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll have black too, I guess. Thanks KN

Ok, I guess the consensus is low gloss black like they have been. I put in an order to get some more flat black powder since I don't have any left. It should be delivered this week.

I got the welding on the lever pieces done today. All that is left is to do the hangers, which are generally easier to do. Should be shipping these out by the end of this week or early next week.

wx4p

Reaction score
Visit site
:rockon: I've now learned my lesson to do these kind of mods over winter and not during riding season!

Thanks KN!

Or to order and send spares since KN has graciously offered to buy back extra's afterwards for a decent trade in value.

We appreciate your efforts Killernoodle!

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
As soon as I can get these shipped out and get some cores back.

I was expecting to get some powder in on Friday, but it isn't here yet. I'm hoping that I'll see it at my door when I get home from work tonight:confused:

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
I got the powder in last night. I'm going to try to get as many finished tonight as I can, but the powder coating process is pretty tedious too. No guarantees as to how many I get finished with.

I'll be mailing to the guys who took these off their bikes and are waiting on them to go riding again. LMK today if you are one of those guys and I'll ship these out asap.

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the powder in last night. I'm going to try to get as many finished tonight as I can, but the powder coating process is pretty tedious too. No guarantees as to how many I get finished with.

I'll be mailing to the guys who took these off their bikes and are waiting on them to go riding again. LMK today if you are one of those guys and I'll ship these out asap.

I'm one of those guys. :thumbup:

vlonjati

Reaction score
Visit site

I am one of those that gave you the parts off my bike. She has been patiently waiting. :rockon:

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, it's 2:30 in the morning and I only managed to complete 11 sets. After blasting and coating, a few of the levers and hangers had some unacceptable orange peel and they'll have to be blasted and re-coated. So I'll be able to ship these 11 out to the first few guys and the guys waiting on them to get their bikes rolling again. Sorry this is taking so long guys!

View attachment 42731

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
And a close up shot of what you're getting.

The black is 20% gloss. I think the color looks nice and it should be more durable than the flatter black I was using before.

I should be shipping the rest of the levers that I've got Monday, so everyone who has ordered should get theirs next week (besides the overseas guys, they can take longer).

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
These levers shipped today via USPS:

JonM
Zargof
Vlonjati
mdunlap
patrickb37
agf
dpaul007
NorCal FZ6
RandomChaos
Mayassa
jaxness

I should have rest of them shipped out Monday.

Quick tidbit about the levers: the best fitting fastner I could find is a standard size, unfortunately, so you'll need a 1/8" allen key (I think, I'll double check when I get home) and a 3/8" socket or wrench to remove the nut and bolt if you ever want to change the pivot point. There were no metric shouldered bolts close enough in size, and definitely none in stainless :(.

I'm defaulting the pivot point to the last hole because I think that is where most people will probably want it, so this may not even be an issue.

Last edited:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
These levers shipped today via USPS:

JonM
Zargof
Vlonjati
mdunlap
patrickb37
agf
dpaul007
NorCal FZ6
RandomChaos
Mayassa
jaxness

Quick tidbit about the levers: the best fitting fastner I could find is a standard size, unfortunately, so you'll need a 1/8" allen key (I think, I'll double check when I get home) and a 3/8" socket or wrench to remove the nut and bolt if you ever want to change the pivot point. There were no metric shouldered bolts close enough in size, and definitely none in stainless :(.

I'm defaulting the pivot point to the last hole because I think that is where most people will probably want it, so this may not even be an issue.
WOOHOO
thanks KN
looking forward to it arriving
36_2_27.gif

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site

I'm in the next shipment, and can't wait! Excellent work, KN. The pictures show real craftsmanship! :thumbup:

One question: If I change the bolt+nut to a metric combination, will there be a lot of play in the hole? I'm a metric kind of guy, and if I can't get my hands on imperial tools to own, I might swap the bolt+nut for metric stuff. It should be a lot easier to get my hands on it here in Europe.

Or... Is it possible to ask for my set to have the pivot point preset at the next to last hole, perhaps? No biggie, though, I know that anything that is not standard slows down production so I can fix this myself if you can't/won't do it. ;)