Clutch Cable replacement?

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
Seems like my clutch is not fully diengaging even I pull it in. The wheel rotates at the same speed whether the clutch is pulled in or not in 1st gear on center stand. Adjusting it at the lever does not make any difference other than in the engaging point. Looks like cable has lengthened.

So should I buy OEM complete housing or go for aftermarket ones? which?
Bike has 13K miles. Clutch shouldn't go bad so soon? It is a 4 year old bike though.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd go the genuine, they're not that expensive.

There is another adjuster under the tank (about halfway along the length of the entire cable).
I replaced mine recently, a bit fiddly, but well worth it, clutch feels so much better now.

:rockon:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Seems like my clutch is not fully diengaging even I pull it in. The wheel rotates at the same speed whether the clutch is pulled in or not in 1st gear on center stand. Adjusting it at the lever does not make any difference other than in the engaging point. Looks like cable has lengthened.

So should I buy OEM complete housing or go for aftermarket ones? which?
Bike has 13K miles. Clutch shouldn't go bad so soon? It is a 4 year old bike though.
Your clutch cable is okay. That's normal behavior when it's on the center stand and the engine is running. Return any adjustmaent you did back to where they were. If the bike engages and dis-engages normally as you ride it, it's okay.
And don't clean your chain with the motor running...Not ever!
Hope this helps

Last edited: