Click Click Click

Senior

My brother is Junior
Reaction score
Visit site
You guessed it, went to start the bike this morning and the starter motor bearly went round and then it's a click click click . . . flat battery :eek:

Hadn't ridden it for a week :spank: and the week before only rode 10 miles each day to and from work, so it never got a proper run/charge.

Managed to bump start it no problem, disconnected one headlight went the long way to work and didn't use 5th or 6th gear to keep the revs up ;) .

Got to work without stalling and parked at the top of the carpark ready to bump start again if needed . . . . .

So, it's going in the shed tonight on the battery tender, hopefully it'll charge ok, but I'm starting to think that a new battery might be worth getting now as I've still got the original.

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
Yeah, bumpstarting is a biatch, but the fazer does it quite easily.

You're only on a 2009 though, seems a bit short lived?

That being said i changed mine a few years back, so could be ... :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, It sounds like it's battery time. A load test will confirm it. Those round trips should have been sufficient to give a good charge. The stator puts out at 2000 RPM.

FloppyRunner

Motorcycle Noooooooooooob
Reaction score
Visit site
The stator puts out at 2000 RPM.

Motogiro, what do you mean by this?

I'm having a similar issue (I think my battery may be on its way out...). I was originally thinking that since the FZ6 redlines at 14,000 RPM, the alternator (or rotor and stator...difference?) would have to be designed such that spinning it at 10,000-14,000 wouldn't severely overpower anything. From that I thought that maybe my normal 3000-4000 RPM city cruising probably wasn't charging the battery well... Does that make sense?

Are you suggesting that the stator puts out as much at 2000 RPM as it does at 10,000 RPM or more? I don't know enough about alternators/stators and such... In that case I'm definitely without a doubt screwed and need a new battery...which is fine, I'd just like to know...