clear alternative tail light

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
2003-2008 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer 600 Smoke LED Tail Light + Signals

I installed one last week. I will try and add some pics later this evening...

Enhance the look with these EURO Smoke LED Tail Light with Turn Signals
Oooh, EURO means cool....

For what it is worth, I hate the clear LED signals/ tail lights. I have a couple friends that ride with them and I can barley see them during the day. Unless I am staring at the tail of the bike, I often miss them until he starts to turn or I see that he is rapidly slowing. The indication is much stronger with a colored lens. I figure I look way cooler sitting on a bike with big ugly turn signals and a red break light than lying on the ground or across the hood of a car.

motopete

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess thats why the rest of the world is going to clear lenses and colored LED bulbs on ALL vehicles (except a few N. American) eh. That must explain all the accidents. Not the drivers not paying attention, or watching three vehicles ahead, or planning for that next turn.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess thats why the rest of the world is going to clear lenses and colored LED bulbs on ALL vehicles (except a few N. American) eh. That must explain all the accidents. Not the drivers not paying attention, or watching three vehicles ahead, or planning for that next turn.

what you mean your not supposed to put on make up, eat, text, etc while driving.... no way.... lol j/k scary part is i see all the above many times a day.......

o by the way, I have the clear one with signals, i also have my stock signals. the people that ride with me have never had a problem seeing, and i have asked them also.... I do know that certain bikes are very hard to see. such as the girl i taught to ride's b/f has a 2007 YZF600RR and you can barely see his....

Last edited:

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site

Personally I have a real problem with a lot of the LED lights used in production cars. The are much brighter than the LED's we see on the aftermarket for our bikes. They also project light. During the day this isn't a problem but stuck in traffic behind an Escalade (yep the Americans use them too) at night it is a different story. The LED's are so bright that the vehicle in front of me lights up the inside of my truck when they step on the breaks in stop and go traffic. My night vision is temporarily ruined. The main reason to use LED's is the life of the bulb but the tech is flawed at the moment. A colored lens that is illuminated from behind can be extremely visible without becoming a hazard. An LED bright enough for day time use is a hazard and annoyance in close traffic at night.

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
what you mean your not supposed to put on make up, eat, text, etc while driving.... no way.... lol j/k scary part is i see all the above many times a day.......

o by the way, I have the clear one with signals, i also have my stock signals. the people that ride with me have never had a problem seeing, and i have asked them also.... I do know that certain bikes are very hard to see. such as the girl i taught to ride's b/f has a 2007 YZF600RR and you can barely see his....

A buddy of mine has KTM signals from their Super Moto. They are DOT but horrible on a bright sunny day. Clear lens, silver reflector and orange incandescent bulb. The sun reflects off the reflector, through the bulb and they look 'on' from @ 10 am to 2PM around here, especially if you are riding away from the sun. Actually turning them on doesn't show well.