Cincinnati

forwil

***** Elite
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I will be in Cincinnati Loveland area next week, and have never been there before. Is there any thing you know of that I need, or should check out? Unfortunately my bike will be in Washington State.

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
I will be in Cincinnati Loveland area next week, and have never been there before. Is there any thing you know of that I need, or should check out? Unfortunately my bike will be in Washington State.

Since you won't have your bike, I assume you're not looking for good roads to ride. Are you talking sights to see, bad places to avoid, or something else?

forwil

***** Elite
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes things to see and do eat good local beers
I didn’t even think about places to avoid but yea what should I stay away from

(none)

Not even here
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmmm... weeeeeelllll.... When are you getting here, when are you leaving, where are you staying? During the week there really isn't too much going on here. Weekends there are a few things. There are plenty of bars around, but again, most won't be doing much durring the week.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Skyline Chili!!!!

w00t! I'm so jealous! Cincinnati-style chili is a greek immigrant invention. The chili itself has a unique blend of spices, featuring cinnamon and allspice (and coffee, in some of the recipes I've found). Then, it's served over spaghetti. Add shredded cheddar and you have a "Three-Way", diced raw onions for a "Four-Way", and some beans gives you a "Five-Way". Their "Skyliners" are itty-bitty chili dogs with the same toppings, absolutely great!

Damn, I'm DROOLING here! :drool: :drool: :drool: Try it, you'll love it! :thumbup:

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
Skyline Chili!!!!

I'll second that suggestion!

Their "Skyliners" are itty-bitty chili dogs with the same toppings, absolutely great!

More commonly referred to as "Coneys." I don't know why.

That just sounds good
What’s gold star
Gold Star is another local chain of greek-style chili parlors. Gold Star vs. Skyline is kind of like Coke vs. Pepsi, each has a loyal following. Try them both. (But Skyline is better!)

As far as local bars and beers, I don't partake of either, so I cannot help you there. As far as places to avoid, there are of course some rougher neigborhoods in the urban parts of Cincinnati, but the Loveland area is fine.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Just across the bridge from Cincinnati, the bridge next to GABP (Great American Ball Park, home of the Reds) in Covington, there's this great Irish restaurant (Claddagh Irish Pub) with authentic Irish food. I highly recommend it! It's in a shopping area called Newport On The Levee.

http://www.newportonthelevee.com/

Also just across the river, in the same complex, there's the Newport Aquarium. It's an amazing place and a great way to spend an afternoon.

Newport Aquarium | Newport, Kentucky, Greater Cincinnati, Activities

Last edited:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Skyline no.
Gold Star chiliyes
Gold Star is similar, and I appreciate them as they have an outlet in the Cinci airport (I would choose my connecting flights from DC to Salt Lake to go thru Cinci just to get it),

but...

it's not quite....

Skyline. :Flip:

;) :D

forwil

***** Elite
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the info I leave Washington Saturday morning and am looking forward to some chili

I wont have my bike but how are the roads around these parts