Cheap luggage

ClarkFZ6

Reaction score
www.sdmf.com
Popped down to Infinity in Southampton after work today to have a closer look at the panniers. Went for them - brilliant price and will hopefully stop me getting hard luggage for a while longer (price!).

SangerA2 was on hand, randomly! And after a brief drool at his scorpian exhaust he kindly helped me fit the panniers. I'm still new to bikes and after a long day at work my brain had slowed!

Great to have met another FZ6 owner, especially locally.

I'll try and get the panniers and tail pack loaded up at the weekend and take a pic for y'all.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there, I've not posted yet so hi everyone! I've Had the FZ6 S2 since I passed my test at the end of Aug 08.

Anyhow, I'm really tempted by that luggage set - do you need to fit the soft luggage frame (T351) along with the 351 kit in order to fit the panniers?

Cheers,

Clark

Welcome to the site mate,
The UK scene is getting bigger all the time. You will not need the bracket.

Nelly

mattheww1

Reaction score
Visit site
so then did any one need soft luggage pannier racks to keep them away from the exhaust? thinking about doing a bit of touring and soft luggage is all i could afford. id hate it all to smoke and melt before i even got down south to the ferry!

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
so then did any one need soft luggage pannier racks to keep them away from the exhaust? thinking about doing a bit of touring and soft luggage is all i could afford. id hate it all to smoke and melt before i even got down south to the ferry!

Used the panniers a few times with no problems. :thumbup:

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site

You will also be fine without the panniers.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
You will also be fine without the panniers.
Just make sure they're not resting on the exhaust before starting and maybe check the first time you stop. There are loads of different combinations you can try in mounting them because of our damn grab handles.

I have the soft pannier racks and they're definitely worth an extra £20 if you're buying a rack anyway, but not needed desparately. Also, you'd need to spend £60 on mounting arms too and would be spending more than you need. I used some non-stick blanket stuff under it to protect the paint/leather by the way. I'll take pics later.