Cheap Exhaust mods

fudge_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
the sound of the induction noise would add to any feelings of "pants dyno" power increase.

i noticed wth mine when i drilled the exhaust (a fair few more holes than whats shown on aussiejules pics) the noise was unimpressive to me.

when i added my pipes and cat eliminator i was in love with the sound

when i chopped a huge section off the airbox (i cut the intake port out and made the hole a heap larger, ghetto style with tin snips and pliers (my dremel packed it in and i know i can go clean it up later) i thought it was running heaps faster, but i think in my head, i hear the noise increase and it sounds faster.

ill try to go get some vid of the running sound from front and back and get pics of the hole cut.

if it wasnt for the fact my exhaust is a dirty as sin (the stock drilled one) i would attempt a pic inside it, i might still see if ican see the pics inside, just not sure if they will work

as per that post, if you drill enough holes you will perforate it enough that forcing a peice of metal rod in there will make the main hole larger, however your hole will be jagged (ahaha,.... im immature) and the air wont be flowing too smoothly, possibly counterproductive, not sure if its going to matter, were not looking at rocket science so may not hurt too much

edit#1
uploading to youtube now

edit#2
youtube hates me
here is an old clip of my FZ6 with no exhaust (took this on my phone when i was installing the leo cans)
YouTube - no exhaust

edit#4
fz6air_xhaust.wmv - fz6noise - BADONGO
link to the file just taken of the airbox sound and exhaust sound, running cold so didnt rev past 2500rpm for the little bit i touched the throttle

was that with the cat still on the bike??