Changing to 15t sprocket

ghostdog

Reaction score
Visit site
Do you need to change the chain when you go to a 15 tooth front sprocket?

From what I can gather is you are still able to compensate with the factory.

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, it's a straight swap. Although if your chain has more than 20K miles on it, you might consider swapping out both it and the rear sprocket.

ghostdog

Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, it's a straight swap. Although if your chain has more than 20K miles on it, you might consider swapping out both it and the rear sprocket.

I'm at 13,000 miles. Chain looks pretty good too.

So I just need to get the sprocket , lock nut and washer right?

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
I think a 17t would work too, it should still have some slack with a standard sprocket, with a smaller one you get more slack, with a bigger you get less. The difference amounts to something like 1/4 the length of a link in either direction. Think you can go -1 front +2 rear with a standard chain, so I think 17t on front would be fine.

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent might give it a bash, i dont think many have tried the 17t only a handful. I commute loads and also in the summer ride with guys who have a tad bit more top speed. Hopeing this shall be the solution to my two problems lol

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
yea an average summer day isnt the same without red lining in top gear. i can out corner and break my riding friends but they always have the legs now i can stay at the front lol clever = no / fun = yes