Chain and sprockets replacement

joshfz6.2008

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys just wondering what everyone was using for the replacements. I've been looking at Vortex sprockets, but dont know about how long the alloy ones last compaired to steel.

S

Shamus McFeeley

I have vortex sprockets right now, they have about 7000 miles so far. I have no complaints about them. However, if you're looking for top notch quality, you cant go wrong with supersprox

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
the oem piece is a high quality one you can t go wrong. i.ve never tried anything fancier. however alloy tends to wear quicker and might not be as adept as steel to the rigours of the drivetrain

S

Shamus McFeeley

The T6 aluminum that most manufacturers use in their sprockets is very close to steel. The biggest factor for chain/sprocket wear is going to be how well you keep your chain adjusted and lubed.

Kaisersoze

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone have a recommendation for a high-end aftermarket 530 chain brand? Also, would I run into any trouble putting steel front sprocket and aluminum rear?

I was looking at a couple of JT sprockets but from the reviews they had a couple that stated the sprockets wore prematurely. However, everyone here seems to praise them. :confused:

twfbr

Reaction score
Visit site
How much difference is there between the steel and alloy sprockets as far as wear goes?

There is a big difference the biggest is the weight. But on the other hand when you go aluminum you get a lot of wear. i have found that if you get a supersprox stealth you get lighter than a full steel sprocket because of them having steel teeth and core. I also found out that they can custom make the stealth in three new colors black blue and red. their normal color is gold and the steel is a black color on all. super cool if u ask me

:D:thumbup: