CF Luggage/Scratch Guard

OKstate311

Gettin' Fizzy wit it
Reaction score
myspace.com
I don't have any saddle bags for the FZ6 yet, so any baggage I've brought along with me has been a backpack or tailbag strapped to the backseat. Looks like the previous owner was in the same situation, as there are a number of small scratches and scuffs between the passenger seat and the taillight.

I purchased a sheet of textured Carbon Fiber adhesive vinyl and hand-sketched a rough template. Did my best to make it symmetrical and fit the curves of the tail... It's not perfect, but I think it looks pretty good for my first free-handed crack at it.

I think the CF look plays well off the tank protector and gas cap, as well as the Two Bros CF exhaust.

What do you guys think?

IMAG0107.jpg

IMAG0109.jpg

IMAG0110.jpg

Anyone else ever do anything like this? Or anyone with a skilled CAD/Photoshop hand might want to help me make a little more exact of a template? I've got plenty of CF Vinyl leftover so I'll probably try to get it a little more exact.

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
Smooth out that line across the back, and TOP notch.

I don't think your tank protector is crooked, it's just that the bike is on a slight lean with the bars turned every so slightly in the picture.

Good job

OKstate311

Gettin' Fizzy wit it
Reaction score
myspace.com
Smooth out that line across the back, and TOP notch.

I don't think your tank protector is crooked, it's just that the bike is on a slight lean with the bars turned every so slightly in the picture.

Good job

Yeah that part was really hard to get free-handed, but my little sister's an Architecture/Engineering major in school right now. I'm going to try to get her to draw something a little more perfect with her software and I think I need some new blades for my x-acto knife, too.

Any thoughts on where to use the rest of the material? I was thinking about doing a couple spots on the grab-rails where my bungie straps hook around, and maybe where my boots scuff up on my rearsets.

OKstate311

Gettin' Fizzy wit it
Reaction score
myspace.com
I took a gander this afternoon while performing the ever popular label/sticker mod... It's definitely off by a couple degrees. :spank:

Not my doing, but I would like to get it corrected. Any chance I can remove and re-adhere? Or do I just need to spring for a new one...