CB919, what is it?!

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
So walking in the dealership today, i was looking at bikes, only thing i came up with at first is how much more nimble the 2011 Versys looked sitting next to a Strom 1000...:spank: walked towards the used section, instantly noticed a Triumph Sprint ST with bags with a pricetag lower (quite alot lower) than my Versys was...drooled over that a bit... looked a a zx-14 for sh!ts and giggles, looked at the pricetag and walked away.. then saw a naked i'd never seen nor heard of before a Honda CB919...
images

My god is that a good looking bike, i'm surprised i've never heard of it before...

Anyone ridden one before? looks like a blast

Toast

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
SweaterDude, have you ridden one? It doesn't feel heavy, it's a lot of fun, and I find it rather comfortable. Did over 500 miles on day on mine no problem. Guess it depends on the rider.

It's a really fun motorcycle. Torque is everywhere you want it. No need to downshift on the highway to pass...just roll on the throttle and it's still got plenty of pull. For the price, it's a really fun motorcycle. I really enjoyed it's neutral riding position. When you're riding the bike...it doesn't feel heavy at all. In fact...the handlebars make it very nimble at slow speeds. The stock suspension really sucks though...so cornering isn't the most comfortable. No, it's not a sport bike, so don't expect it to handle and accelerate like one. Instead...it's a all-around type bike that does everything adequately, but nothing really well. I do miss my 919, it was a real fun motorcycle. Check out wristtwisters.com if you have questions about the bike. About 80% of the members on the forum own a Honda 919 and can let you know all about it. Best thing is to take it for a test spin, it's a real fun bike. :)

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
yes, i have ridden one (not for very long). i found it incredibly boring as far as motorcycles go. the one i rode had a screen on it (which usually takes a little fun out of a naked bike) but, its practically a liter bike and doesn't feel like it. cant remember if it was a 5 or 6 speed. im not a fan of having less than 6 gears. im not saying its a bad bike but, i personally, would opt for something else.
-My opinion from my experiences

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A friend's daughter has one, it was her jump up from a 250 Ninja and she loves it. From the descriptions given above it may be the ideal intermediary to an R1 or similar.

If you want a naked Honda get this one:

GP_D70_HON_CB1000R.jpg

Last edited: