Cardo scala-rider Q2 Bluetooth Intercom Review

kevlarian

Reaction score
Visit site
I own the Scala Teamset and I can't tell you how happy I am with it. I use it EVERY DAY. Simply the best. I am planning on purchasing the Q2 as I want the FM and secondary (GPS) connectivity.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
our Parts Unlimited Rep gave us the Q2 today to test out and to attempt to sell, I am very impressed with this unit! I have used the Cheap crap I have also used the HJC Chatterbox, this unit is by far supurb, only problem I had was I use a modular helmet and the wind is a lil more than a regular full face helmet so i had a hard time hearing the prompts for voice dial! other than that people cant hear the wind that im talking to and i can hear them loud and clear!! Great Unit!!! I plan to buy my g/f one so we can use them!!!

terrdry

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought the scala teamset a few weeks ago and I must say they work perfectly. The wife loves them better that the autocom... no wires. Its nice to have a call come in, answer it, add your passenger to the conference all while you're on the highway at 80mph with no sound distortion on any body's end.

Brilliant!

Do I need the Q2 to connect it to a bluetooth enabled GPS?

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
im not sure i would contact the company if you cant anywhere with that pm me and i will call parts unlimited and get their number and find out for you.

B

bluenova

any updates? Would this connect to the new iphone to enable mp3 connectivity?

They will all connect to any bluetooth device that supports a bluetooth headset such as a mobile phone or Garmin Zumo 550, and I would expect the iphone but check your iphone manual. Only the Q2 can connect to multiple devices.

B

bluenova

I bought the scala teamset a few weeks ago and I must say they work perfectly. The wife loves them better that the autocom... no wires. Its nice to have a call come in, answer it, add your passenger to the conference all while you're on the highway at 80mph with no sound distortion on any body's end.

Brilliant!

Do I need the Q2 to connect it to a bluetooth enabled GPS?

With the teamset you can connect your GPS or mobile phone but not both. Only the Q2 supports multiple devices. I have the original scala rider and connect the headset and my phone to the GPS as my GPS supports multiple devices.

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
Originally Posted by MarinaFazer
any updates? Would this connect to the new iphone to enable mp3 connectivity?.

I contacted Scala a few months back and they said that it works with the iPhone...but only the phone...music playback thru bluetooth is not currently available on the iPhone.

Last edited:

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
Originally Posted by MarinaFazer
any updates? Would this connect to the new iphone to enable mp3 connectivity?.

I contacted Scala a few months back and they said that it works with the iPhone...but only the phone...music playback thru bluetooth is not currently available on the iPhone.

Last edited: