Can You See Me Now?

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
..I hope so! Got this Scorpion EXO 900 "Transformer" modular helmet mainly for teaching traffic students. The flip up chin bar makes it easier to talk to them without taking my helmet off during debriefing sessions.

300919_10150266565881050_555266049_8154625_4158642_n.jpg

The chin bar assembly can come off and be replaced with a visor to turn it into a 3/4 helmet. Probably not something I will ever bother doing (I like the protection of a full face).

Last edited:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats!
I've been mostly happy with my EXO-1000 for four years now. :thumbup:

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I had the neon EXO 700 a year or so back... I loved it except for the fact that the helmet's paint seriously faded (especially on top) after only one season due to sun....

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
Your helmet offends me and makes me want to be violent. :spank:

Nah... nice lid. Definitely sticks out. Some people will probably end up blind though. :D

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the icon high viz yellow vest( mostly for the id card holder), I get the feeling sometimes that people look past it because its so bright. Check out erci's latest nj ride vid, thats me in the vest with my rain gear. Prob get the youth high viz helmet for my daughter at some point.

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I heard hi-viz yellow and green is the new black :)
I have noticed a small growing trend amongst bikers wearing hi-viz, especially while in Canada, saw a few HD guys sporting it in yellow or orange.
Great idea. My lids yellow but that's before hi-viz was really marketed. I do keep a hi-viz/reflective vest with me for those dusk to night time commute home.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nah... nice lid. Definitely sticks out. Some people will probably end up blind though. :D
The Air Force Base I work on went thru several iterations of how bright was "acceptable" (it cost me several hundred dollars by the time it was done :Flip:) and I ended up with neon-yellow summer and winter jackets. Soon after getting my first bright jacket, I pulled up behind a Ford F-35,000 pickup with a chromed rear bumper with about a 4' height, and my own jacket blinded me badly... :D

On a serious note, however, ever since I started wearing this obnoxious bright stuff it sure seems the number of ignorant traffic problems (left turns in front of me, running stop signs, changing lanes into me, etc) have been reduced a lot!!! I don't have mathematical proof, but it sure seems I'm a bit safer. For what its worth...

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have to agree on how much cagers are aware of my presence with my hi-viz vest. Almost all would keep a car length behind me at a stop light. Is it the blaring color it projects or no one wants to be near the biker who's breaking away from fashion black :p

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice. I'll be getting the exo-700 in this color soon. Although this color is becoming slightly more popular for helmets I wish there were more options in the high-vis yellow.