Can you listen to music and ride?

craig007

Reaction score
Visit site
I use JVC marshmellow ear buds. The have soft squishable buds that you roll like ear plugs. You then jam them in an put my helmet on. The usaully stay in, but come out when I take the helmet off. I listen to music on my Zumo GPS. Voice directions cut in when navigating. I have always studied, read and worked to music, so I don't find it distracting at all. It makes my rides much more enjoyable.

H

HavBlue

No music here. I talk to myself. :D

Very cool but I'm going to get worried if you start answering yourself...he,he.

As far as music goes, sure, some songs go potato, potato, potato and others go ying ying ying and I got this little 600cc crotch rocket that hums like an F1 car....

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
I pod with Challenger custom fit earplugs along with a I-jet wireless remote velcroed to the brake fluid reservior, works on any bike with any helmet or using the leaf blower at home.

Legal? Nope, but if I get pulled over odds are I am getting a ticket anyway.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My mp3 is attached to my Starcom1 intercom system and I can hear my music as well as the traffic around me.

You will always get those people who say you should not do it, it`s illegal and they are probably right. But so is exceeding the speed limit and they probably do that.

Its all personal choice and I like listening to music and books when I do long haul rides.

Steve

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
I can't do it. I have tried, but I find that I need to concentrate so hard on what's happening around me, that music is a serious distraction.

I like the idea of riding & listening, but it's not for me. Plus, if some no nonsense heads down rip snorting boogie pops up on 'shuffle' the next time I look at the clock I'm doing 110mph :rockon:

chimneydoc

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I do, I use a sat radio and it works pretty good. I don't think it distracts me, but in town I turn the sound way down so I can hear the traffic.