Can the fz's motor become flooded with fuel?

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
Was working on the rear indicators/tag light tonight and in about a two hour period i turned the ignition on/off maybe 10 ten times. Finished up and tried to fire it up and all i get is blurp, chug, blurp. Bike turns over, no starty, wont run. Bogged down with fuel?

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
I think when the key is turned, and it primes the fuel injectors, that it then dumps a small amount of fuel into the cylinder. I notice when I'm working on the bike and do the same thing, key on and off, that it's a bit harder to start than normal. I also had a separate incident, where it started ok, then I revved it too soon and it stalled. After it stalled, it took minutes of cranking to get it fired, then it sputtered and smoked a bit, then was happy afterwards. :confused: So, I say yes, they can get flooded.

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
No problem. It's really nothing to worry about though, as it doesn't hurt anything. It's just annoying, and drains the battery a bit more than normal, due to the extra cranking. lol

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
i cranked away with the throttle half open and she fired up with a roar! and a lot of smoke. Something i'm sure my neighbors appreciated at midnight.