Can anyone beat my 75k kms/46k miles?

Mugsy

Reaction score
Visit site
Well my trusty 2004 fz6 is still running like a top as I hit 75,000 kms/ 46,000 miles. No major issues to date all just regular maintenance. Anyone else running this kind of milage?

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
Good to hear that the bikes can run this far with regular maintenance...

I'm "only" at 54.000 kilometres... I remember some other guy in here is at 80k - he might post soon :)

Mugsy

Reaction score
Visit site
I am hoping to use these responses as a gauge as to how much it has left. Still looks great and runs better. Doesn't leak or burn anything. I am hoping with continued TLC we still have a few more years to go. Absolutely love this bike.

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I always have to do some math to figure out my true mileage as I replaced my speedometer a few years ago and my current gearing registers a 10% error on the odometer. However, at this moment in time my 04 FZ has an actual.....

82671 miles.

As far as repairs, there have been many. Replaced front brake rotors twice, replaced steering bearings twice, 2 water pump seals, 3 batteries, 3rd set of chain/sprockets, MANY sets of tires. It's getting quite worn out although the motor is still perfect with no oil consumption and consistent 50-65 MPG. Checked the valves 3 times and have never needed to adjust a single valve.

I have a tough time thinking about replacing this bike but I want to hit an even 100,000 miles, 18 more months at the most. Then, off it goes.

Last edited:

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I always have to do some math to figure out my true mileage as I replaced my speedometer a few years ago and my current gearing registers a 10% error on the odometer. However, at this moment in time my 04 FZ has an actual.....

82671 miles.

As far as repairs, there have been many. Replaced front brake rotors twice, replaced steering bearings twice, 2 water pump seals, 3 batteries, 3rd set of chain/sprockets, MANY sets of tires. It's getting quite worn out although the motor is still perfect with no oil consumption and consistent 50-65 MPG. Checked the valves 3 times and have never needed to adjust a single valve.

I have a tough time thinking about replacing this bike but I want to hit an even 100,000 miles, 18 more months at the most. Then, off it goes.

Cali rider: Your check is in the mail.

Yamaha Motor Corporation, Japan

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

I bought my 2006 off the showroom floor in mid April 2007. I currently have over 81,000 miles.

John, I say that we get together and rollover that 100k together in front of the Yamaha Corp in Southern Cal.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well my trusty 2004 fz6 is still running like a top as I hit 75,000 kms/ 46,000 miles. No major issues to date all just regular maintenance. Anyone else running this kind of milage?

Well I can't compete with the guys above but my S2 (I bought new in 2007) Is almost at 70000Km's and no major issues here :thumbup:.

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
yea my 24k miles looks lame here. but in the parking lot here I have yet to see another bike with anything over like 15k....most are fair weather riders on supersport bikes

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
My FZ6 only has like 16k, but I've only owned it a couple months.

There's one guy on a few forums from NC, "thirdgenlxi" who has a 2004 Honda CBR F4i he bought new. He's got videos of it rolling back to 00000 twice. At about 180k he lowsided it into a curb, cracked the block and bent the crankshaft. He bought a replacement engine for it with only 15k, rebuilt his engine with all his internals, but with the block and crankshaft from the donor engine. He's now at 239k+ miles. Oh, and his car is a 89 Accord with 429k miles.

Found a thread thirdgen's massive F4i rebuild thread.... pix intense!! - Sportbikes.net

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site

82671 miles.

You make me (all of us) proud. Good luck!

OneCheekRider

One Cheek On The Seat!
Reaction score
Visit site
My FZ6 only has like 16k, but I've only owned it a couple months.

There's one guy on a few forums from NC, "thirdgenlxi" who has a 2004 Honda CBR F4i he bought new. He's got videos of it rolling back to 00000 twice. At about 180k he lowsided it into a curb, cracked the block and bent the crankshaft. He bought a replacement engine for it with only 15k, rebuilt his engine with all his internals, but with the block and crankshaft from the donor engine. He's now at 239k+ miles. Oh, and his car is a 89 Accord with 429k miles.

Found a thread thirdgen's massive F4i rebuild thread.... pix intense!! - Sportbikes.net

I know him! He's over 250k now. Does trackdays with it too and pulls his bike there with his accord!

Caladin

Reaction score
Visit site
100kkm2.jpg

I hit 100k km a couple months ago. No real repairs other then head bearings at 16k km, engine kill switch and suspension rebuild/replacment recently. Still running my original brake pads even. No burning oil and runs as good as the day I got her. I cant deny though, I'm tempted to sell her off soon and move to something else.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
100kkm2.jpg

I hit 100k km a couple months ago. No real repairs other then head bearings at 16k km, engine kill switch and suspension rebuild/replacment recently. Still running my original brake pads even. No burning oil and runs as good as the day I got her. I cant deny though, I'm tempted to sell her off soon and move to something else.

Uh no Epic Road trip this year? What have you been doing?