Came across a deal I couldnt pass up!

discobiscuit

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently finalized the purchased a 2006 Yamaha FZ6 with 7750 miles.
I was stalking Craigslist as I normally do for motorcycles (I ride dirt bikes as well and keep an eye out for wierd deals) and came across this bike for sale.
The ad simply stated 2007 Yamaha FZ6, 6000+ miles, cosmetic damage, no battery and will not start. Due to the asking price I couldnt help but check this one out. I will leave the asking price off for right now, just to make it more exciting.
So I speed over to this guys house and find a very nice FZ6 that in fact has some damage on the right side due to a slow speed crash (maybe 10mph). The owner and I discuss that the bike needs to start/run for anyone to purchase it and I agreed to buy a new battery. He agreed that if the bike didnt start with the new battery he would lower the price another $200 because he was moving and didnt have any way to transport or store it. I scurry to purchase a new battery, installed it and of course it didnt start. I was starting to lose hope when I started checking fuses. I found a blown 30a fuse, yanked one out of my car and Vroom. Took it for a quick spin and made the deal. The owner was so impressed that I didnt take advantage of the blown fuse and spent the extra time to solve the issue he knocked off a few more $'s.
So right about now your thinking, stolen bike and this deal is shady. He paid off the lien while on speaker phone, I verified the original purchase paperwork, and I called the DMV to run the VIN. 2 1/2 weeks later the title came in and we signed the bill of sale.
I removed the cowling assembly and had to fix several cracks/scratches and missing hardware. I have further plans to delete the cowling and go naked so I simply repainted the cowling and front fender with a rattle can. It actually turned out really nice for spray paint.
So the bike was in fact a 2006 not a 2007, it had 7700 miles not 6000+ but it has a Two Brothers exhaust which sounds amazing! I have added LED rear turn signals, license plate LEDs, new battery and gas.
OK, here is the real kicker, I paid $950.00 for this bike. I have made some crazy deals but this one takes the cake!
The first 4 photos are of the bike when I first pruchased it and the damage to the cowling. The last pic is after the repairs and my masterful spray paint skills :)

LeaN69

Reaction score
Visit site
WOW you stole it for that price! lol Congratulations on the pickup, very nice!

bugsterkiton

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Disco,
It is always the same who wins. You are a lucky guy.It is almost the price of a new exhaust.Well done (repairs and paint... ;-))
Have a nice and safe FZ6 ride.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice snag. I'll tell you what.... if you have time to really search craigslist daily you can find some amazing deals.

most of my kitchen appliances, my lawn mower, truck cap, weed eater, etc. etc. are deals I found on Craigslist. :thumbup:

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Give ya $975 for it! J/K

Great find! a little DIY goes a long way with price, if your willing to put the work in, you can get some good deals. This is ridiculous though, Congratz!

Johnstrat1927

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently finalized the purchased a 2006 Yamaha FZ6 with 7750 miles.
I was stalking Craigslist as I normally do for motorcycles (I ride dirt bikes as well and keep an eye out for wierd deals) and came across this bike for sale.
The ad simply stated 2007 Yamaha FZ6, 6000+ miles, cosmetic damage, no battery and will not start. Due to the asking price I couldnt help but check this one out. I will leave the asking price off for right now, just to make it more exciting.
So I speed over to this guys house and find a very nice FZ6 that in fact has some damage on the right side due to a slow speed crash (maybe 10mph). The owner and I discuss that the bike needs to start/run for anyone to purchase it and I agreed to buy a new battery. He agreed that if the bike didnt start with the new battery he would lower the price another $200 because he was moving and didnt have any way to transport or store it. I scurry to purchase a new battery, installed it and of course it didnt start. I was starting to lose hope when I started checking fuses. I found a blown 30a fuse, yanked one out of my car and Vroom. Took it for a quick spin and made the deal. The owner was so impressed that I didnt take advantage of the blown fuse and spent the extra time to solve the issue he knocked off a few more $'s.
So right about now your thinking, stolen bike and this deal is shady. He paid off the lien while on speaker phone, I verified the original purchase paperwork, and I called the DMV to run the VIN. 2 1/2 weeks later the title came in and we signed the bill of sale.
I removed the cowling assembly and had to fix several cracks/scratches and missing hardware. I have further plans to delete the cowling and go naked so I simply repainted the cowling and front fender with a rattle can. It actually turned out really nice for spray paint.
So the bike was in fact a 2006 not a 2007, it had 7700 miles not 6000+ but it has a Two Brothers exhaust which sounds amazing! I have added LED rear turn signals, license plate LEDs, new battery and gas.
OK, here is the real kicker, I paid $950.00 for this bike. I have made some crazy deals but this one takes the cake!
The first 4 photos are of the bike when I first pruchased it and the damage to the cowling. The last pic is after the repairs and my masterful spray paint skills :)

Huwaaaw! Great find bro!

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
My jaw dropped when I saw that price! Holy cow, that's amazing. And I agree, the rattle can job in the interim looks fine. Amazing find, man! Congrats!