Calling Devil exhaust owners!

fuzz

Reaction score
Visit site
I was just hoping that anyone with devil exhausts could tell me what they think of them? Any negatives? positives? do they come with db killers? are they easy to fit? any thing you can really so i can make my mind up. Thanks in advance.

mogs08

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, has db-killers and sounds well with them in. Deep sound without. Nice:D
Easy fit and looks absolutly the best, in my eyes. :thumbup:

Chek out youtube for "fz6 ekshaust", a lot of different types ekshaust.
Or search the forum for "devil", som nice pic`s here.

Last edited:

mogs08

Reaction score
Visit site
If the color of your bike is that black with red wheeltape definatly devil cans should be what you want. :thumbup:
It wil look awesome. Carbone and the red dot. :D No doubt.:D

:norway:

fuzz

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for that. yea I love the way they look to and I deffinately want carbon cans on my bike because its black. Do you get different size db killers with them or just 1 set? We have to have them in the UK. I'm trying to find out if their bringing out a new range for 09 but not sure? I need some soon, I really want some more noise!

mogs08

Reaction score
Visit site
The db kill is one zise here, don`t know about UK. Don`t think so. They are mounted when you get them. Easy to remove and replace. CE marked for the road in EU contry`s.
If there`s som new design for 09? check the devil website.

Post some pic`s of the bike when you are done with the mod. :rockon:

fuzz

Reaction score
Visit site
Many Thanks for all the info. I've spoken to devil this week and they said maybe something new in 2010. So I may get the devils but I'm also thinking about the scorpions to. But when I decide and finally get some I'll post some pics. Regards

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
two things

1) Devil cans were my 2nd choice after TBR. I like the yellow/gold accent to the red bike.
2) Devils sound great and NOTE: ALL NEW FZ6R OWNERS: TBR makes a FULL system for your bike...just throwing it out there that it's not just cans.

Devils are sweet though!

fuzz

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea I know the TBRS are popular but I have a 2008 naked fz6 in raven black and its got red trimming so the devils and c/f scorps seem to fit the bill and also I personally think the style of the devils and the older scorps just suit the naked bikes better. I think it will look pretty f-ing bad ass in the end. But I bet the TBRS full system must be about the best you can get in this department. Must be whicked! Many Thanks

simonwb

Back in black
Reaction score
Visit site
Fuzz

Go for the Devils - I'm a UK rider, too and have had them on since new for a year now and love the sound and look:

simonwb-albums-simonwb-s-fazer-picture2744-devil-side.jpg

But, to be honest, there are some issues, only minor IMO:
- db killers need a rivet popping to get out and then you need to fabricate/get fabricated a bolt/nut fixture on each db killer if you want to reinsert and secure them
- however, I haven't bothered putting them back. They're a tight fit to say the least and the sound is way too gorgeous and I haven't attracted any unwelcome attention. They are loud but I find that is a help when filtering through stationary/slow moving traffic
- my dealer fitted them and in so doing removed the undertray, which meant a lot of roadmuck this winter came up and seized the seat lock. Bent my key trying to force it. Not a problem now I'm aware and keep the lock well clean and oiled. If you fit them, see if maybe the undertray can stay
- I get a bit of gas leaking out of the joint between the pipes and the top of the OE cat pipe, evidenced by bubbles forming when wet. I don't know if this is a manufacturing or fitting problem, but in any case I'm looking to get this sorted when I get a cat elim fitted at next service

fuzz

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks alot for the info. yea those devils look tops. They really do it for me. The db killer thing is a concern for me as I've recently got 6 points on my licence but i dont want to use them anyway. The scorps seem to have a much easyier system but i dont like the new style cans. I've got to wait a few weeks whichever but I feel like a kid, I just cant wait! I know my heart wants the rumble of the devils. ....And Capo79 i tried to add a post to your thread yesterday. I'm looking to get new mirrors because mine vibrate so much. What do you think of your new trojan mirrors? Many thanks guys

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks alot for the info. yea those devils look tops. They really do it for me. The db killer thing is a concern for me as I've recently got 6 points on my licence but i dont want to use them anyway. The scorps seem to have a much easyier system but i dont like the new style cans. I've got to wait a few weeks whichever but I feel like a kid, I just cant wait! I know my heart wants the rumble of the devils. ....And Capo79 i tried to add a post to your thread yesterday. I'm looking to get new mirrors because mine vibrate so much. What do you think of your new trojan mirrors? Many thanks guys

I like the mirrors. Their functionality isn't much better than the stock mirrors, but they look at least 10 times better imo:thumbup: I don't think they vibrate too much, though.

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Devil cans and im happy i went with them. I havent had the time pull the DB killers out yet but it is in the plans for this week. They sound amazing with them in i just want a bit more sound out of them.

Everyone who has them seems to talk good about them. As for what simonwb said about the undertray I still have mine and Ive had no leaks, it may just be an adjustment issure with his.

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
I removed the db killers yesterday. The sound is just awsome, and not THAT loud I think. It got more of the rumbling sound, in other words more bass. ;)

fuzz

Reaction score
Visit site
I think this is working again now. cool ! Thanks for all your input guys, I think I'm sold. Now just waiting till they have some in stock. I was wondering... How even do both cans howl ? I,ve read some threads about the scorps and tbrs saying that that most of the noise and air comes from 1 can. Has any one got any pictures of the y-pipe? hope the weathers good to you all. Thanks

mogs08

Reaction score
Visit site
I haven`t eaven thougt about noise differenses in or out of the holes. :D
Just listen to the sound and look and have a goood time with them when you get them :rockon:
I have a photoproblem :(
Maby capo79 got some pic`s of the Y-pipe.
It`s pi..... down rigth now, but the forecast look`s ok.

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a recording I took with the phone. I'd just started up the bike, and as you can see/hear, the idle is quite unstable. But it's cold today, and I haven't ridden any due to that and the pouring rain. The pictures and the recording also shows you the exhaust coming out of both pipes. When I hold my hand over the outlets, I really don't feel much difference in pressure between the two.

I'm not very good with the camera, but I think you get the idea of how things are:thumbup:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke76riDIgBA[/ame]

200904082131.jpg

200904082132.jpg

200904082133.jpg

mogs08

Reaction score
Visit site
That was the best devil soundtape I`v seen on youtube or elswhere. :D:D
It`s not that noisy whitout the killer`s, no. Just deep and bossy.
Thanks for the pic`s it will do I think. :thumbup: